Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Alternatives to rice/paper whatever throwing after ceremony

Just got off the phone with my ceremony site and they informed me that we are not allowed to throw rice, blow bubbles, petals or what have you when we're coming out of the Church. It's a historic site (not actually a church any more but still looks like one), so I can understand that they don't want to be digging little pieces of confetti out of the bushes or cleaning up bubble streaks off the hardwood floors, but I'm kind of bummed. I want a little bit of fanfare coming out of the ceremony with my new husband, so any suggestions for alternatives that wouldn't be too messy? Or at least easy to clean up? Thanks ladies!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Alternatives to rice/paper whatever throwing after ceremony

• Avion22Avion22 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2012
    I've heard of people doing streamers, ribbon wands, pinwheels, and stuff like that.   
    DSC_9275
  • What is their policy on sparklers outside? I've seen some really beautiful exits involving sparklers:
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7g1go7a8X1rv87alo1_500.jpg

Alternatively, is there anyway guests could stand just off the property to wish you off? My venue is a historical site as well, and that's what I'm having my guests do. 

If none of that works, I really like Avion22's streamer/ribbon wand suggestion.
    Don't mind me... I haven't slept since last Wednesday.
  • I'm not planning on doing anything - didn't for my first wedding either.

people are very good at making their own noise LOL and it's a way to some a little bit of money :-)
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I've seen some weddings where paper airplanes are thrown. It's cute, and obviously easy to clean up. They can be made from paper that are the colors of your wedding, or a bunch of colors if you want it to be more fun in pictures.
  • Thanks so much for your suggestions. I love the idea of the ribbon/streamer wands Avion :). Amanda we asked about sparklers, they were concerned of fire, but we're allowed to do them at our reception location! Loop, with my luck, one would hit me in the eye rendering me blind for the reception lol, I'm accident prone like that ;) Thanks everyone!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards