December 2013 Weddings
Options

What are you doing to pass the time?

I fully admit, this long engagment thing will likely drive me insane at some point.  lol

We really really really want our anniversary as a date, and want a traditional Saturday wedding, so there is no chance of moving the wedding date up... (even though I've tweaked our budget enough that this would be a possibility lol)

But, no, we are set on 12.28.13, so I have to find ways to, um... be more patient?  lol

It would likely help if I had a busier job.  I have too much free time on my hands during the day.  Night and weekends, forget it, as I have two little kids!  lol 

It's not really passing time, because it's still wedding related.  lol  But I got totally into the DIY kick.  I know this is going to take me super long because all DIY projects will only be able to be done at home, and my home free time is really only every other Sat. when my ex has the kids. 

So I'm having a lot of fun researching and finding tutorials on various things and will have fun doing various try-outs til I find something I'm really happy with.  My OCD Virgo side is semi rejoicing.

I'm also having sooo much fun planning and dreaming with my FI.  It's so amazing how on the same page him and I are.  This is my 2nd "big" wedding, and I just never thought I'd have so much fun or get so into it, but having finally found the man of my dreams has truely helped that.  :D 

Another reason why waiting will be interesting... lol  I'm just so incredibly excited to see his face when I walk down the aisle.  *giggles*  I know it's going to be priceless and something my mind and heart will never ever forget.  :D  <3

So how is everyone else not going crazy with a super long engagment?
Visit Red.weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What are you doing to pass the time?

• Options
    Ah I am going to go crazy!  I definitely want to do a lot of DIY stuff.  We are both students, so we are waiting till I'm graduated.  Currently Im in Rome for study abroad.  I will be here three more weeks, but then i get to go home to my best friend!  It'll definitely be hard waiting, and if we had a lot more money we could move it up.  Tuition just kicks you in the butt.  I guess we are just trying tot enjoy each others company and enjoy our relationship.  It hard not to focus on the future too much, but it makes things easier when you take time to really enjoy the present.  I'll have a ton of time to plan, so there is no rush to the planning.  We are both really anxious, but we know we have to wait. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I too feel like I'm gonna go crazy. I want to start some DIY Projects but he's not too keen on trying to plan anything yet (just nailing down the date was an adventure). I'm hoping once a month we can decide on something together then I can spend that whole month thinking of ideas for it and getting the ball in motion to DIY or plan it. We'll see how that goes, especially after baby gets here in Nov.
  • Options
    I was thinking the same thing for the month by month thing.  Although I'm thinking i'll be having to limit myself.  Congrats on the baby!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks! :) I'm not as concerned with pacing myself over the next couple years (I don't have a big problem waiting to start since I've been playing with ideas in my head for a decade) I'm actually worried that he won't let me start actually planning anything and come Oct-Nov 2013 is when he'll want to plan it all (he actually said "I can plan a whole wedding in 2 weeks tops, you don't need months to plan things"). I figure if I can bug him one a month till then I can be planning/DIYing thorughout so it's not a last minute thing.
  • Options
    Hahahaha.  I'm sure someone could plan a wedding that fast, but I'm not sure it would be a pleasant experience.  It sounds like you have a good plan :-).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards