December 2013 Weddings
Options

Did you see the update on the posting issues?

Hi everyone-

We're working on fixing the posting problem many of you are facing.  If you are getting a prompt that says you need to verify your email, please disregard it. We hope to have the error corrected by this evening.

Thanks again for your patience!

Anni

"Yeah, we know there's a problem, but just ignore it.  We'll fix it eventually"

I wanted to insert a sarcastic thumbs-up, but the emoticons here are terrifying.
Happy Spring!.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Did you see the update on the posting issues?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_december-2013-weddings_did-see-update-posting-issues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:86fad5ed-d98c-49cb-bb5d-a1193bae6f18Discussion:2db721f5-27a9-4f6e-8d2e-403cadeb2cdePost:a98f84f4-f490-45d6-9c4f-2349f49babc3">Re: Did you see the update on the posting issues?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Seriously the IT department is run by monkeys.  How is there a glitch for users created pre-2007?  What a weird glitch.
    Posted by eclaires[/QUOTE]

My H spends his day creating systems for pharmaceutical companies on computers and therefore is fairly adept with computers and websites.  He cannot for the life of him understand the basis of about 99% of all website malfunctions.

Actually he can: IT folks try to do too much.  If people kept things simple, the majority of all website problems would cease to exist.

The econ nerd in me wants to know how malfunctions like this impact The Nest's bottom line.  Lack of chat board traffic = many fewer people eyeballing the advertisements.
  • Options
    Kiss<-------WTF is that?
    imageimage

Birthday
    Birthday
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_december-2013-weddings_did-see-update-posting-issues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:86fad5ed-d98c-49cb-bb5d-a1193bae6f18Discussion:2db721f5-27a9-4f6e-8d2e-403cadeb2cdePost:2e025453-2f0a-40a0-b0a8-63c19b322a1f">Re: Did you see the update on the posting issues?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<-------WTF is that?
    Posted by KateAggie[/QUOTE]

I would wager that that particular smilie has a working knowledge of the streetcorner.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_december-2013-weddings_did-see-update-posting-issues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:86fad5ed-d98c-49cb-bb5d-a1193bae6f18Discussion:2db721f5-27a9-4f6e-8d2e-403cadeb2cdePost:7935b7eb-b287-47fb-8651-bf320b9ce7f5">Re: Did you see the update on the posting issues?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Did you see the update on the posting issues? : My H spends his day creating systems for pharmaceutical companies on computers and therefore is fairly adept with computers and websites.  He cannot for the life of him understand the basis of about 99% of all website malfunctions. Actually he can: IT folks try to do too much.  If people kept things simple, the majority of all website problems would cease to exist. The econ nerd in me wants to know how malfunctions like this impact The Nest's bottom line.  Lack of chat board traffic = many fewer people eyeballing the advertisements.
    Posted by is_it_over_yet?[/QUOTE]

good point - some of the best message boards I go to are small ones that are privately run.  They have very few glitches, and very few bells and whistles.

I hope this does affect their bottom line though because it's ridiculous.  Note to self: never buy ad space from the nest/knot/bump.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    ka-That is blows kisses, it seems.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_december-2013-weddings_did-see-update-posting-issues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:86fad5ed-d98c-49cb-bb5d-a1193bae6f18Discussion:2db721f5-27a9-4f6e-8d2e-403cadeb2cdePost:7935b7eb-b287-47fb-8651-bf320b9ce7f5">Re: Did you see the update on the posting issues?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Did you see the update on the posting issues? : My H spends his day creating systems for pharmaceutical companies on computers and therefore is fairly adept with computers and websites.  He cannot for the life of him understand the basis of about 99% of all website malfunctions. Actually he can: IT folks try to do too much.  If people kept things simple, the majority of all website problems would cease to exist. The econ nerd in me wants to know how malfunctions like this impact The Nest's bottom line.  Lack of chat board traffic = many fewer people eyeballing the advertisements.
    Posted by is_it_over_yet?[/QUOTE]

I'm a web developer and I <em>tend</em> to agree.

Though, in cases when you're dealing with out of the box software rather than a custom-made app, sometimes crazy sh!t really does happen that you're not prepared for.  It can be difficult to track down what the hell is wrong and, even if you do, sometimes you're at the mercy of waiting for the next patch or version to fix it.

Which reminds me.... <em>*heads off to fix the weekly site search glitch*</em>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards