Maryland-Baltimore
Options

Officiants?

I feel at a total loss in this area. How are you all finding and choosing your officiants? (assuming they aren't already assigned to you) And can anyone make any reccomendations?

Thanks!
***It's written in the stars*** wedding countdown CafeMom Tickers

Re: Officiants?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I actually googled 'Maryland wedding officiant' and then browsed the hits.  Based on websites I could get a feel for some people right away (or know I didn't want to use someone).  I e-mailed a few people, and most of them I didn't really like when they responded; the only one who stayed on my list was a woman named Ginny Carson.  I think everyone has different taste here though - other girls can probably recommend their officiant to you (as a matter of fact, if you scroll down there are a few threads about officiants).

However, we decided to get a friend officiated so I stopped looking.  :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011

A friend of mine recommened my officiant to me and she is amazing.  I contacted her through www.Weddingsbysandy.com. They did a beautiful job at my friends wedding.  They have sample ceremony's on their web site and if you choose one of their officiants you will recieve a book that you are able to go through and put together your own ceremony.  My FI and I had so much fun putting ours together. It just made it our ceremony so personal instead of the usual speech someone gives.  Check out the website and see what you think. 

www.weddingsbysandy.com

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I absolutely loved my officiant, Rev Laura Cannon.  She was fantastic to work with and really understood the dynamics of my relationship.  We had complete creative control with our ceremony and she offered amazing guidance throughout the process.  I also used her for some pre-marriage "coaching" sessions that were also really helpful.  It was great to take the time to focus on our relationship in the midst of all of the wedding planning.  If you have any questions about her, feel free to email me at kimbrout at gmail dot com.  There is also a full review of her in my vendor reviews in my bio (the Mrs link under my siggy).

http://www.divinetransformation.com/

• Options
    edited December 2011
    During my planning process, I remember one of the big names that people recommended for officiants was Say I Do Your Way - the guy (whose name I can't remember) was very good about working with couples to design a ceremony to fit the couple's style and preferences.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second Sandy Bearden, weddingsbysandy.com.  You might also want to try Annie Applegarth, (410) 963-0569.  I hear she's amazing and a real charmer.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We also looked for "wedding officiants", and went on from there...we met with and decided to go with Ginny Carson. We found her to be laid back and flexible in terms of letting us have a lot of say in how the ceremony is handled. I would certainly recommend her!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards