Ohio-Columbus

Honeymoon Registry

Has anyone registered for a honeymoon? What vendor did you use to do this? Was it a good experience?

Re: Honeymoon Registry

• I'm trying to figure out the best route for this too. I have had a few gals recommend honeyfund.com to me.
  • We're doing one with Marriott. We went this route so we have absolutely no fees, unlike most other honeymoon registries. They know they're getting the money either way, so there's no reason to take a fee! ;)
    Sept 2012 Siggy: Bridesmaid Dresses!
    But instead of yellow, mine will be peridot!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • abt87abt87 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    I'm wishy-washy about these. In theory, it's  not a terrible idea, but now people are starting to realize the fees involved, and that if your guest pays $50 for champagne upon arrival, you don't necessarily get that, just the cash (minus the fee) instead.  But if you're still wanting to do this, Bliss Honeymoons is out of Columbus and when it was presented to me, it seemed really nice and convenient because they tailor the whole trip for your and your husband. There's my recommendation.
  • We used Bliss to book our honeymoon. It costs $100 for their services but if you book with them they apply $50 towards your trip. They create an online registry for your honeymoon and from what I understood that people will go online and be like I will buy the couple a dinner on the beach for how ever much it costs. In reality, Bliss gives you the money in two transactions. One before the honeymoon and again when you return. Then, you are able to use the money for your honeymoon however you want. You get all the money that is given to you. They don't keep any of it as a fee. We just had our registry created and haven't used it yet but I am excited. The $50 they refund back to you, they put it on your registry to make it look like someone has already made a purchase for the couple. I hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards