Maryland-Baltimore

NWR: HELP with Inner Harbor To-Do's!!!

I'm planning my mom's 60th birthday celebration... we're thinking of doing a day trip to the Inner Harbor in late May/early June.  

Any suggestions on places to go/things to do during the day? (We have a 2 year old with us and a bunch of adults).  Lunch at a restaurant would be nice too... nothing too fancy... but fun.

Also- we'd like to get her and my dad a nice hotel room for the night... something with a nice view and close to everything, but not crazy $$$.  Suggestions??

Finally- any suggestions on a nice restaurant for dinner?  Maybe with live music (Jazz or Italian, etc)....

TIA!!!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers image

Re: NWR: HELP with Inner Harbor To-Do's!!!

• The Baltimore Aquarium is a bit pricey, but it's a good option for young and old alike, and it's right there on the harbor. Or maybe an Orioles game, if your group likes baseball. I always recommend Fogo De Chao for dinner. If you haven't been, it's a different experience, and very tasty. But it's not for vegitarians. LOL For lunch, there usednto be a tasty tapas place on the top level of the Light St. pavillion. If it's still there, that may be a fun option with a large group. And that same pavilliod used to have a delicious ice cream shop, too. I haven't been to the harbor in ages, so I don't know if it is still there.
  • The science center is in that area and fun for a little one.  Some sections are interesting for adults too and they have a planetarium show that's good for all ages.
  • Adjacent to the Baltimore Aquarium they have street performers in the summer.  In front of that is the harbor itself, and there a ton of dragon-shaped paddle boats for the kiddies.  I like to eat at the Cheesecake Factory when I'm at the harbor because they have some very nice outdoor seating. 

Be very careful with the hotels at the harbor.  Baltimore is funny because it can be really nice and seemingly safe...and then you walk two blocks and are surrounded by crackheads and dead rats and kids that are supposed to be in school but instead they're on the front stoop drinking 40s and hustlin'.  Seriously.  Make sure it's right on the harbor.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards