Morning Everyone!

How was everyone's weekend?

Re: Happy Monday!

• Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My weekend was good...until yesterday.

Yesterday seriously Sucked.  With a capital S.  My buddy was visiting from Newfoundland and we were heading out for brunch when some old man ran a stop sign and slammed into the passenger door of the car we were in.  I was the passenger.  I'm okay...really sore, a little bruised, really annoyed but okay.  

The car is probably going to be written off...the two front doors are smashed in, the window in my passenger door shattered all over us and there's something wonky with the brakes.  The old guy tried to deny it was his fault but we had 3 witnesses say things to the contrary.  Oh, and he left before the cops showed up.  So needless to say yesterday didn't turn out as well as we had hoped.

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Morning!

My weekend was great! Saturday was my friend's bachelorette party. We started at a friends house with drinks and snacks. The one problem with the night was that the limo never showed! They apparently double booked and the girls who threw the party were devastate. The bride was really not that upset, she kept saying "it's ok, we don't need a limo, let's just get cabs!" Three of the girls called their husbands who came and got us and dropped us off on the Irish part of town filled with tons of pubs and bars. We went to a couple different bars then the guys picked us up at closing. It worked out great and we all had a blast!

Sunday was a slightly rough day since I was nursing a hangover. We had my cousin's daughter's baptism then a BBQ with FI's family. The baptism was the first time I saw my cousin and his new bride since the wedding (the one who married my ex-friend with the crazy awkward wedding) and she completely ignored me. I'm fine with that. Then at the BBQ FMIL told me she wants to throw me a shower for her side of the family. I appreciate it but it would be nice to know about it sooner since my aunts were planning on inviting all of FI's family. Oh well, I let my aunts know and now they don't have to worry about such a huge group!

Overall a really great weekend. Today FI and I are going to the NY State Fair. I can't wait to drink wine slushies, eat fried food, and count mullets!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG Paige! I'm glad you're ok! How scary!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yikes! Paige, I'm glad you are ok!  So scary!

We had a busy weekend....FI's best friend and his wife, both of which I can't stand, were in from out of state and stayed with us all weekend.  They are two of the most difficult house guests ever.  I need a vacation now. 
    Jan 2011 January SC- Wedding Rings
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
    396 were invited image
    250 will be there!image
    146 are missing outimage
    0 are still thinkingimage
    RSVP Date: December 15th
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What a turdball! I'm glad you're ok though!

This weekend was great. I was home alone for the majority of Saturday (no dogs, FI, anyone!) and I sat on the couch a watched Spongebob. It's the perfect show to watch when your down and don't really feel like thinking. I also tried to dye my hair but more dye ended up on my body than my hair so now I have brown blotches all over my hand, shoulder and leg (wtf?!) and my hair looks the same...GAH!
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, ladies.  It was not a fun time.  I'm actually contemplating going sick today...I still feel shook up and I'm sore and really cranky! lol

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think you're sick and should call off.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_happy-monday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:cc4a3df0-4964-497b-af8b-a9fb70786523Post:2e102336-52eb-4f95-8e7e-a03bb35ff2e1">Re: Happy Monday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think you're sick and should call off.
    Posted by ekathleen684[/QUOTE]

<div>Well, it's already 10:30 a.m.  and I'm at the office.  I'm considering telling my boss that I"m going to stay home this afternoon tho.</div>

Murried Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Well then, I suggest just walking out.

imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Slightly terrible.

BF called me on Friday afternoon during work in hysterics - his 21-year-old cousin, whom he was very close to, had a seizure while driving and died. Luckily (if one can say "luckily"), he was dead before the car crashed, no one else was in the car, and no one else was injured or killed. So, Friday night was spent being sad, which is okay.

What is really upsetting is that this cousin was admitted into the ER back in June for seizures, and typically, when that happens, the hospital contacts the DMV and the patient's license is suspended for at least 6 months so something like this doesn't happen. But no one was contacted and his license was not suspended.

One of BF's best friends offered to take us to see "Scott Pilgrim vs The World" that night, to help BF take his mind elsewhere for a few hours. It worked, the movie was hilarious (all the 80's babies here would really dig the vintage video game references throughout), but Friday night BF had a panic attack, which I nursed him through.

The funeral is Wednesday in upstate NY (BF is going to be a pallbearer), but I won't be attending - the move is on Wednesday and BF insisted I stay here and go forward with the move.

I'm SO sorry I'm being a Debbie Downer but it's been rough and I didn't want to create a pity-party thread.

Over the weekend though, I went to spend some time with a friend from college whom I hadn't seen in 2 months. She was in a children's theater production of "Charlotte's Web", which I attended on Sunday. She played Wilbur. It was pretty much as expected - it's a production geared towards children, so it was a lot of over-acting and silly gags. But she adores working with kids, so this gig was perfect for her.

Then Sunday night, Mom and I carried on our tradition and watched the Emmy's together, being snarky about the dresses and stuff. So sad "Glee" only took home 3 out of 19, but hey, at least Jane Lynch got her statue!

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    edited December 2011
    Bside I'm so sorry for your loss.  Poor BF:(

On a good note - Scott Pilgrim rocked my world.

Murried Bio
  • Options
    Hazel_BHazel_B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Paige - I'm glad you are okay! I've been in car accidents as a passenger and I'm still sort of skittish about things. Just take it easy!

Bside - I'm so sorry, that's awful! As tragic as it is, it truly is amazing no one else was involved.

My weekend was mainly wedding focused, for the wedding I'm MOH in. It was so frustrating, I can't wait for it to be over. For those of you that are engaged, if you have expectations or visions of what you want, communicate them! I have wasted so much time and now money as well because she couldn't tell me or send pictures of what she wanted. Even with me telling her she can comment, has veto power and I'll exchange what I bought, she uses another relative's preferences as her excuse. I'm so sick of this!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_happy-monday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:cc4a3df0-4964-497b-af8b-a9fb70786523Post:2e6e7792-3d45-43f1-b5cd-294cafaaa1bf">Re: Happy Monday!</a>:
    [QUOTE] On a good note - Scott Pilgrim rocked my world.
    Posted by PaigeMcC[/QUOTE]

"WE ARE SEX BOB-OMB! AND WE'RE HERE TO WATCH SCOTT PILGRIM KICK SOME ASS!"

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Paige- I'm glad your ok!

bsidebella - I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.

Friday night I was going to buy a new vacuum but I didn't.  BF and I would like to get a dog and we decided that we would need a vacuum that is made to pick up pet hair. Saturday I went to the open house for the new Pittsburgh Penguins arena. Seriously this place was AMAZING!!! We went to the very last row of seats and they still had a great view! Sunday my allergies decided to terrorize me, so all day I was feeling icky. My mom and I did a lot of cooking/ baking, we made pasta sauce, peach jelly, peach salsa, apple sauce and an apple cake. Everything was delicious!

Hope everyone else had a good weekend.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_happy-monday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:cc4a3df0-4964-497b-af8b-a9fb70786523Post:24dd1375-932c-4de0-8d37-be47a8d74542">Re: Happy Monday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My weekend was mainly wedding focused, for the wedding I'm MOH in. It was so frustrating, I can't wait for it to be over. For those of you that are engaged, if you have expectations or visions of what you want, communicate them! I have wasted so much time and now money as well because she couldn't tell me or send pictures of what she wanted. Even with me telling her she can comment, has veto power and I'll exchange what I bought, she uses another relative's preferences as her excuse. I'm so sick of this!
    Posted by Hazel_B[/QUOTE]

I agree, Hazel. That's what my weekend seemed to consist of as well- wedding plans. I don't understand what's going on half the time.

Paige and Bella - I'm so sorry to hear about your rough weekend. I hope things pick up again for you.

Scott Pilgrim is definitely an awesome movie. I love Michael Cera, even if he keeps playing the same character.
  • Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_happy-monday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:cc4a3df0-4964-497b-af8b-a9fb70786523Post:c23806bd-0de6-4c8e-b207-9acc22d0a060">Re: Happy Monday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Monday! : "WE ARE SEX BOB-OMB! AND WE'RE HERE TO WATCH SCOTT PILGRIM KICK SOME ASS!"
    Posted by bsidebella[/QUOTE]

<div>bahahhaa <3 </div>

Murried Bio
  • Options
    hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry Paige and Bside. I hope you guys are doing ok.

I had ANOTHER person die this past weekend, FI's great uncle. And I unpacked the house some more. I visted Target about a billion times and watched a bunch of movies. Oh and I became a snotty mess. That's right, not stuffy and sicky feeling any more, but I am onto being a snot machine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_happy-monday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:cc4a3df0-4964-497b-af8b-a9fb70786523Post:7f40c52a-a842-451d-aa5d-71c00d5e99f9">Re: Happy Monday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm so sorry Paige and Bside. I hope you guys are doing ok.   I had ANOTHER person die this past weekend, FI's great uncle.[/QUOTE] Sorry hetsup:(<div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div> [QUOTE]And I unpacked the house some more. I visted Target about a billion times and watched a bunch of movies. Oh and I became a snotty mess. That's right, not stuffy and sicky feeling any more, but I am onto being a <strong>snot machine</strong>.
    Posted by hetshup[/QUOTE]

</div><div>Hawt.</div>

Murried Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the condolences, guys. It means a lot. Again, so sorry for the bummer of a post! But also thanks for the wishes.

• Options
    fontassidyfontassidy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aw man, sounds like a lot of you had rough weekends!! I'm so glad that Paige is ok and Bside & hetshup, I'm sorry to hear of the deaths your loved ones are dealing with. I hope everything resolves & you guys can end this week in a better way.

My weekend was just ok as well...had to work a 10-hour day on Saturday, then went to my FI's friend's party and didn't end up getting home until 5 in the morning. AND AJ & I had our first fight since he proposed :/.....this might sound really dumb, but it just kind of struck me a little bit differently this time...as everything's been so lovey-dovey & kind of renewed & fresh since we got to take this big exciting step forward.Such is life. Anyway, it wasn't a big deal and we got it resolved quickly, which I'm thankful for. It was just the kind of situation where I was being unreasonable & overreacting and I felt kind of bad about squashing all the romance with the reality that regardless of how wonderful it is that we're engaged, I'm still going to be myself and lose my cool occasionally about petty things. I guess I just felt silly about it.

Sunday we got to pretty much laze around & watch episodes of Arrested Development in between studying, and then AJ surprised me by taking me out for a really nice dinner. So that was very sweet. :) I'm feeling pretty lucky to have a guy who puts up with me so well and can be so quick to forgive when I'm acting ridiculous. Anyway, off to class with me! Hope you guys all have a bright and wonderful Monday!

Wedding Countdown Ticker White Knot
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This weekend was pretty quiet.

I had my post-op with the surgeon on Thurs and he said I'm healing up nicely, but I'll be tired for a while longer. He wasn't kidding - Thursday night, I CRASHED. I mean, full on crashed. Slept 14 hours on Friday/Saturday and 12 on Saturday/Sunday and I was still tired. Totally crazy.

So, I pretty much laid low all weekend. Did some stuff around the house, cleaned up my specs at the lab, watched some disaster movies, picked up some groceries, baked peach and berry bread.

And I'm officially on Baby Watch. And it's not my baby. :D

I'm still exhausted, and this week is going to be a bitch at work, but I've got a trip to Colorado waiting for me at the end of it, so all is good.

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, yikes.  I'm sorry, everyone!  That just sounds like a black cloud was following people around this weekend - it's always hard to lose someone, and car accidents are really scary (did they find the guy, or is your insurance going to have to cover it?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Holy crap. I'm very sorry for everyone who lost someone this weekend. I'm glad you're OK, Paige!

Saturday was good. Went to Korean BBQ with my best friends who I haven't seen in a while and had a blast and ate too much. Sunday I spent with BF and watched the Emmys and wallowed that school started the next day (today).
  • Options
    bajedivabajediva member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @Paige: I hope you did take the afternoon off! Being shaken up and sore DEFinitely counts as sick. Take your time.

@bside: So sorry BF had such a huge loss. And it always adds insult to injury when we figure it *could* have been prevented. I wish you both strength and patience getting through these initial stages, especially with other responsibilities going on.

My weekend was great.Taught a fun class Saturday morn before my school PTA's bbq. Hung out with my bestie Saturday night which I haven't been able to do for a while, then slept ALL day Sunday :-). In the eve, headed out for ice-cream, and the tail-end of a birthday party. Was mostly definitely a good one.

Only wish I had managed to have more 'time' with BF, but his schedule is crazy busy these days - his vampire of a dissertation threatens daily to suck him dry, AND he's taken on 12 hour overnight shifts @ his PT job :-(.
  • Options
    katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Paige, I'm sorry : ( I hope you are okay (physically and emotionally.)

This weekend was blargh. I spent all Saturday night with the porcelain throne if you know what I mean. I had a huge migraine, and they make me vomit.

We got some stuff done, but kind of sucked that our first weekend home and married I'm wicked sick.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards