Ohio-Columbus

Where did you stay on your wedding night?

We live out near DC, so we need good wedding night hotel recommendations for Columbus (we're really late in booking a hotel, I know Embarassed).  The reception is near Clintonville/campus, and we're getting married on the OSU/Wisconsin game day, so things right there will probably be booked already...  Thanks in advance!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary

Re: Where did you stay on your wedding night?

• edited December 2011
    We stayed at the Concourse Hotel at the airport b/c we left for the HM the very next morning.

What kind of place are you looking for? What about a bed and breakfast or something?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_did-stay-wedding-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:112Discussion:c53763ba-8d19-4b1a-9ecc-5ee433534646Post:5b70a919-5b37-4061-a539-cc7d802a6473">Re: Where did you stay on your wedding night?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We stayed at the Concourse Hotel at the airport b/c we left for the HM the very next morning. <strong>What kind of place are you looking for? What about a bed and breakfast or something?</strong>
    Posted by MissySue20[/QUOTE]

<div>A bed and breakfast could work - I've never been to one though.  How late can you check-in (ie I don't want to show up after the reception only to find the place already 'closed' for the night)?  Otherwise, cheap-ish (<$120), clean, nice, we don't need jetted tub or anything special like that, included breakfast would be nice.</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    That is a good point about the bed and breakfasts, especially if you are having an later wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    We stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites near Easton (where we had our hotel block). I realize this wouldn't be close to your reception at all, but the the rooms are really nice and we got a "romance package" bottle of wine, roses, chocolates which was nice. The free breakfast in the morning was really good as well!
  • edited December 2011
    We stayed at the Renaissance and booked the room the day before the wedding. Literally. (We didn't know if the family staying in our house was going to be at our house that night or with friends.) We booked the romance package for $130 and it included champagne upon arrival and breakfast at Latitude 41. We arrived at 2:30 am and the night staff was so friendly - I'm not sure if it was because we were still in our wedding dress/tux or if they were just that nice - they upgraded the view for our room. The room was really nice (I think we jsut got a standard romo) and breakfast the next day was delicious, too.
  • edited December 2011
    I am not married yet, but we have our block at the Hilton Garden Inn at Polaris, so that is where we will be staying. It is also kind of far from Clintonville, but I love Hiltons.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards