April 2013 Weddings
Options

Wish me luck..

About to sit my brother down and tell him he has to be out by the 31st. Well see how well this goes... Wish me luck !
158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wish me luck..

• Options
    :/ I know it's going to be a tough conversation...but you will get through it! Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    So ready to bring our families together and PARTY on April 13th, 2013!
    image 225 Invited
    image 53 Are ready to party!
    image 18 Will be missing out!
    image 154 Are MIA!
    Reply requested by March 23.
  • Options
    Yeah it definitely sucked. But my FI and I had a unified front and pretty much told him its not working and his attitude towards us isn't okay for how much we do for him. He was resistant at first but then just took it. I feel sick to my stomach because I never wanted to be in this position with my little brother. It definitely blows. I hope it doesn't ruin my relationship with him and I didn't want to hurt his feelings. Ugh
    158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image

• Options
    He may be upset for a while...but eventually he'll grow up and realize that it wasn't really you being the bad guy. Great that your FI supported you with it all, too! It will work out :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    So ready to bring our families together and PARTY on April 13th, 2013!
    image 225 Invited
    image 53 Are ready to party!
    image 18 Will be missing out!
    image 154 Are MIA!
    Reply requested by March 23.
  • Options
    Good luck that's really tough thing to have to do
    Visit The Nest!  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    *Giant hugs*  You did the right thing.  Yes, it sucks sometimes but that doesn't mean it's not the right thing.  Even if he stays mad for a while, he will get over it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
  • Options
    Thanks girls. I think I just need to hear I did the right thing, cause talking to him, it didnt feel like the right thing. But I keep reminding himself of this behavior of him walking all over us. And he owes us like 300 dollars, but I've found receipts for video games he's bought. He's taken advantage of us for too long and we just want our home back.

• Options
    Good job!
  • Options
    Awww, I could only imagine how that feels.  I would be really upset if I was in that position with my little brother.  good for you for being strong!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

It may seem hard now but you did the right thing. When he is older and self sufficient, he will be glad that you did it.

• Options
    Great job; I can't imagine how hard that was, but it was certainly the right thing! Sometimes people need tough love. I'm glad you were able to do this.
  • Options
    Big Hugs!! You did a great job.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am sorry you are feeling guilty, but I bet the weight that is off your shoulders makes up for that. This is what you needed to do. The longer he would have stayed, the harder it would have been for both of you in all aspects. Good job.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards