Christian Weddings

Dress Shopping

I went dress shopping yesterday.

My maid of honor Lydia and I went to David's Bridal. My mother was going to come with us, but she wasn't feeling well.

I don't have the money for a dress now, and when I do it will probably be a very modest budget. But I wanted to do this. Ryan didn't really get it, but he was supportive when I explained it's fairly normal to go on basically a reconn. trip

God really provided for me because on Monday I got a package... a Christian wedding planner I get to review! So I get it for free! (One of those binders). I read part of it and discussed with Ryan before going. I felt loved by God to be able to walk into DB with it, and feel like a "real bride".

I was emotional the night before and confessed to Ryan that I worried I'd try them on and look in the mirror and see "a fat girl" instead of a beautiful bride. That did not happen.

I told the bridal consultant I thought I ws a size 26. She looked at me skeptically and told me I didn't look like a 26 I looked much smaller. I had based that on when I went with my sister, who was wearing a pants size 12 and she was a bridal 16.  I wear a pants size 22 or 24... but apparently in bridal I'm a 20! Not often you find you're smaller in bridal!

I had a lot of fun trying on gowns... and yes, I found "the one"... only I can't afford it so who knows? I'm putting the photo below. I was in another gown and was turning around and saw this one hung up in the bag (my consultant had pulled it) and gasped it was so pretty. In their dressing rooms, there is no mirror, but even though I couldn't see it while the bridal consultant was lacing me in it, it felt different than the other dresses. I felt peace come over me.

And then I came out and saw myself and I was so beautiful.

And unlike other things in wedding planning when I come across something I can't afford and I feel mourning of the loss... about this I feel peace. That God-peace that defies all understanding. I don't know if that meansI'll  I'll get it or if I'l find something better, but I just feel assured God has this covered. Which makes sense because I knew I've prayed God be my wedding planner, because I'm one of those girls who has dreamed since I was little, and I'm also pretty much broken, and I can't reconcile the two without His Help.

I'm still planning on visiting boutiques with my mom later.

Here it is.
My blog
"I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV

Re: Dress Shopping

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards