March 2012 Weddings
Options

Kids in the Ceremony...

FI and I aren't that close to any kids. I however always thought that at my wedding I would have a FG and RB. He has a very cute cousin that lives in England and that I've only ever skyped with. If she gets to come over with her parents then I would love for her to do it. I also have cousin that is 8 that lives in california and its small chance they may come as well... So then my dilemma. I am not sure if the young girls will come at all so I have friends that are as close to me as they could be up until very recently when I moved away for six months. They are a little boy and two girls will be 5th grade and 3rd grade... If my cousins can not make it in do you think its fair if I tell both girls that they will be candle lighters unless  my cousins don't show up and then the younger one will be the flower girl and the older one will be candle lighter. 

Since we have until March do I think I should just wait all summer and see what my cousins say about flying to Indiana and see from there? 
I really kind of want a RB so should I ask the family with the little boy and then just wait for his sisters or wait all summer and ask them all at the same time? 

(I think I really just wanted to type this all out but advice would be nice too)

Re: Kids in the Ceremony...

• Options
    edited April 2011
    Just wait until you know more.

On a personal note, we asked my 4 year old cousin to be our flower girl.  She grinned and said, "Yes."  Then I asked if she knew what a flower girl did and she said, "No..." :) It was cute.  Also, she had been in the car with my grandparents earlier and apparently told them she was going to be in our wedding.  Maybe she was psychic...Or maybe she just absolutely loves my FI to death. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Similar story with us, my FI asked his ssiter if her son would be our RB...he of course said "yes!" like he knew exactly what it was and what the exectations were :)  We havent picked a FG yet, waiting to see what some friends w/ kids decide to do....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards