Illinois-Chicago

Prairie Production Negative Experience

I posted recently to see if anyone had had any "unexpected surprises" with this venue.  Unfortunately I ended up having a very negative experience with the owners, Kristin and Michael.

My fiance and I loved this venue and were very excited to have our wedding here.  We decided to book it and Kristin sent me the contract and billing information.  I signed the contract and my credit card was charged the deposit.  We were so relieved and excited to have a venue booked, or so we thought.

Kristin e-mailed me later that day to tell me that Michael had booked the date 3 days prior (apparently they don't communicate business transactions with each other?!) and that we could not actually have that date.

I was extremely upset that we are now back to square one with finding a venue.  I was also upset that they had made a huge mistake and did not even have the courtesy to call me to apologize.

So, in summary, this is a great space but if one of the owners tell you a date is available, be sure they check with the other.  This unfortunately demonstrates a very very poorly run aspect of their business.

Re: Prairie Production Negative Experience

• truthhurtstruthhurts member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Eek.  That's awful. Have you found another space? 

Here are a few suggestions based on the style of Prairie Productions:

Catalyst Ranch
    West Loop Studio
    Gallery 1028
    The Ivy Room at Tree Studios
    River East Art Center
    Newberry Library
    A New Leaf

Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards