Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

steaming dress?

Hi everyone,

I know a lot of people here are destination brides, as am I.  I'm wondering what arrangements you have made for steaming your dress?  I'd hate to just hand it over to the hotel, but I don't know where to go.  We are staying in the Quarter if anyone has any ideas!

Thanks!

Re: steaming dress?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Maybe you could check with Town & Country on St. Charles Avenue for steaming your dress? I don't know if they would do that but that's the closest wedding dress shop to the Quarter that I can think of. If not that, I would talk to the concierge at your hotel. I'm sure they have experience with getting bridal gowns steamed. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not sure about T&C's steaming services, but their alterations can be slow. Look up reviews on citysearch or something before choosing a place, I have no idea how I will choose a place to handle my dress once it gets shipped in town.
  • Options
    iwinn001iwinn001 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Best advice I received was from my Aunt who told me to find out from the bridal shop what kind of fabric and exactly how to remove the wrinkles because not all fabric can be steamed! For my cousin's dress, she actually used a dry iron with a cloth in between to protect the silk.  Also if you are shipping make sure to add the insurance!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone.  My contact at our venue also recommended Town & Country, and that's who I am going to go with.  I think they said the cost is $45.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards