Illinois-Chicago
Options

Beyond Events Catering

I'll be having food stations at my ceremony and I came across this company, Beyond Events Catering.  The problem is they only have one Yelp review, which was mediocre due to customer service. 

Has anyone here had any experience with them?  Or offer a reasonably priced alternative with good reviews.

Thanks

PBslilchocgirl

Re: Beyond Events Catering

• Options
    edited February 2012
    I looked up that review you were talking about and in no way would such a review turn me away. The bride didn't even utilize that company and her interactions were very preliminary. Who knows what outrageous requests she might have made. She never even really said why the beyond events catering didn't want to work with her. Something tells me that there is a different side to every story. I think its a little bit silly for the business owner to respond and say he can't recall the circumstances. I think it would have been better to figure out what happened first, whether it be a manager investigating or not respond at all. I'd say if they communicate good with you and answer all your questions in a timely manner, than that experience can be expected past the preliminary stages and when it comes time for action. It just has to feel right and your interactions with them is the most important, not someone elses. Also, if they allow you to meet with them, maybe tour their facility, taste test what they have to offer, that is promising and signs of a good catering vendor. I know I am working with a vendor who had a yelp review saying they didn't show up, but am I honestly supposed to take this seriously? Why would a company not want to show up and make money and would they really be in business if they didn't show up to events. I did address the concern with a manager and they explained to me why the review was inaccurate. Sure it would be nice to have some positive reviews going into it, but sometimes the best things in life are not known until they hit/find you. I'm not using them, but if you happen to do use them, hopefully you can express an oppinion that can address both customer service and the execution of the event (food taste, presentation/visual, etc)
  • Options
    I am also in Chicago and was looking at Beyond Events as a caterer but haven't contacted them since my wedding is two years away. Please share what you find ot from them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards