Ohio-Cleveland

Guy's Party-Akron

Hi,
My fiancee and I are researching places in the Akron/Canton area, and I found Guy's Party center last night. Has anyone checked this place out or is having their reception? What are your thoughts? thanks!

Re: Guy's Party-Akron

• JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A friend of mine had her reception there and LOVED it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • jpenkomillerjpenkomiller member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a reception there when I was younger, and I remember really liking it. The spot is very convienient, right off the expressway and so easy to find. good luck.
  • edited December 2011

I had my reception at Guys in January and it was AWESOME. There prices were very reasonable.  They were fabulous to work with. We brought in our own centerpieces and we were able to go in the day before and decorate. I was a DIY bride but but you can use thier centerpeices and they will do everything for you.  They reasonable priced chair covers ans sashes in a lot of colors. We were able to bring in our deserts on trays and they put them out for us for no cost. They even added an extra food item.  And best of all and most importantly, at the end of the night they packed up all my decorations and had them in boxes ready to go for us the next day. Our guest loved it. The ballrooms are beautiful,  food was amazing and they were wonderful. I would recomend them to anyone.

Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • soontobemrs2soontobemrs2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    AS far back as I can remember they always had good reviews
  • edited December 2011
    I was there for a wedding last week. I did look into them because of their good reviews for my wedding. However, I didn't like the fact that there were three different rooms and you could protentally run into guests from another wedding. Plus the wedding I was at they had the ceremony in the same room as the reception and while doing the vows we could the music from the other parties. I found this to be a turn off.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with nbenedum.  I had my high school reunion party at Guy's and I didn't like the bumping in to other parties/wedding reception thing.
  • edited December 2011
    I was at a wedding in the spring at Guys, and I also was bothered by the multiple weedding venue.  When we pulled into the parking lot we were stopped and asked which event we were attending.  Also, not to sound stuck up but the bar served drinks in plastc glasses that said "Guy's Party Center" on them. 

The ballroom itself was pretty and the service was really good. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards