Florida-North Florida

Hair salons in Orange Park/Fleming Island area

Hi, 
  Im looking for a nice hair salon to get my hair and my bridesmaids hair done for my wedding.  Im getting married at Club Continental, and am trying to avoid as much of a drive as possible.  Does anyone have any reccomendations?  And if anyone is comfortable with sharing, would you mind telling me how much it cost to get your hair done.  I am being quoted at $650 for my hair plus 4 bridesmaids, which gave me a little bit of sticker shock.  Is this normal, or am I being ripped off?

Thanks!

Re: Hair salons in Orange Park/Fleming Island area

• LouWho19LouWho19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My hair stylist, Devin Fifer, works near the Town Center but can travel to you.  I'm being charged a little extra for her to come to St. Augustine, but I don't think there would be a fee for traveling to Orange Park.  It's $150 for me (which includes trial and day-of) and then $65 per bridesmaid for updo's, less if they just want something very simple, such as hair straightened.  She is great! 

Pregnancy Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • becgrosebecgrose member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I do not know what they would charge, but look at Artistry hair salon. They are on Hwy 17, just a little south of the Club Continental. Rebecca and Terri are the owners and both are good. 

I've never had them do my hair for an event, but I used to get my hair cut by Terri, and everyone else in my office used to use Rebecca. 

Good luck!! 
  • Kris092988Kris092988 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I use Scheri Hughes from the Hair Cuttery in Fleming Island. She has done my hair for all my events, and she did my wedding day hair and makeup. She's amazing.

• Kris092988Kris092988 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Deanna Harrison at the Hair Cuttery in Fleming Island is great with up-do's too. Their up-do's start at $35 and go up depending on how complicated you want it. I would definitely reccommend the 2 of them. If you want their phone numbers let me know, I'm sure they can work out a price and come to you day of.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards