Georgia-Savannah

Overwhelmed

We are getting married this October hopefully in Savannah but I am so overwhelmed I don't know where to begin.  I pretty much stay on the computer but since we live in Knoxville, TN it is difficult to make important decisions solely based on web photos.  Our budget is only $9,000.00 so this is also an issue since most places seem to be way over this.  I would like more info on the Tybee Island Wedding Chapel because I am nervous to book them just based on their webiste photos.  If you have ever been there in person please let me know.The wedding will only be our immediate families there so around 17 people and no more than 25.  I love the idea of a ceremony or reception at one of the old mansions as well.  However, I don't want to inconvenience everyone by making them drive back and forth from Savannah to Tybee.  It would be nice to have everything in one place.  Photography and food are both important to us but I don't want a stuffy ultra formal meal either so this somewhat limits me as well.  We really want a family style meal including southern dishes since we are having a low country boil for the rehearsal.  I just don't want to be disappointed when we get there to enjoy this day we have been looking forward to for so long.  Any advice is greatly appreciated.  I also am looking for a good makeup professional and hair stylist locally as well.
Thanks so much!

Re: Overwhelmed

• iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    $9,000 for 25 people is a lot of money.  You can do this very easily. 
    For example, The President's Quarters is a great inn that offers small wedding packages starting at $1050.  The Forsyth Park Inn has a wedding package for $2400 that includes a two night stay for bride and groom, bridal bouquet, day of coordinator, cake, officiant and more. 

For your dinner, there are several places I would recomend.  Look into The Boar's Head, Garibaldi's, Bellford's, Vic's on the River, and The Shell House.  They are all very nice places for an intimate dinner celebration with out being way too expensive or stuffy. 
    Please don't hesitate to ask more questions.  I don't mind helping.  Also, please keep in mind that several of us are from this area.  I grew up on Tybee.  It is a very charming little island with a personality of it's own. I love my hometown.  Everyone has their own opinion, but it is rather offensive for some one who has spent very little time there to call it shaby. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Take a look at more photos on their fanpage on Facebook. The piano is gorgeous and was restored in Augusta last year.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards