Moms and Maids

Gift for pregnant MOH

Hi, all. I was just wondering what those of you who have had a pregnant BM/MOH have given them as gifts? Or if you WERE the pregnant BM/MOH, what did you received that you loved or would have loved? I've looked around and can't really find any ideas. I'm looking for something that will be cute but practical. She has a very strong personality (military girl). And I can't go off of what I'm getting the others because she's the only one. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Re: Gift for pregnant MOH

• jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Shop for her as if it were her birthday.  The fact that she's pregnant really doesn't have much to do with what you get her.
    Anniversary
  • utegogglesutegoggles member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_gift-pregnant-moh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:13b34ff0-94fc-4713-8668-6cee0847bf99Post:fd569ee2-019d-493a-823d-8d957e9d60ba">Re: Gift for pregnant MOH</a>:
    [QUOTE]Shop for her as if it were her birthday.  The fact that she's pregnant really doesn't have much to do with what you get her.
    Posted by jemmini6[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>This exactly. Get her something that she would love, not something she can use because she's pregnant. Get her that at her baby shower..

</div>
  • DanieKADanieKA member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree. Get her something that's just for her and not for the baby. I might even go the DIY route (and I am a dedicated buyer of goods*, so for me to go crafty is unique) and put together a scrapbook of memories to thank her for being there over the years. It seems like you both are at major points in your lives and it's nice to have someone to celebrate all these big and wonderful changes with! I think that would be really sweet and sentimental.

*to be honest, even if I did the scrapbook, I'd probably buy something as well. but that's just me. 
  • edited December 2011
    A gift certificate for a manicure/pedicure. Some women chose not to get this done during later pregnancy, but she could do it once she's had the baby. Might be nice for her to relax for a few minutes.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Good advice. Thanks! I'll shift gears from baby stuff to BFF stuff.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards