Getting in Shape
Options

Mud race?

Has anyone done a mud race before? How did you like it? Was it harder than a typical 5K?
Thanks! 

Re: Mud race?

• Options
    I did one in June, it was a blast! The one I did was so really fun and to me it felt much different than a 5K. While the course was set along a 5K you were really just running from obstacle to obstacle so it wasn't just you out there running the whole time. The only thing that made it "harder" was the fact that you had to do the race in soaking wet shoes, but after the first 1/2 mile it didn't bother me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    DOOOOO IT!  I had so much fun, and PP is right- with the obstacles it isn't constant running.  Take dry shoes, and clean shorts & shirt.  Have fun!
  • Options
    That sounds so much fun!  I wish there were some out in my neck of the woods.
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice!
  • Options
    I did the Warrior Dash in October, it was a blast. It would be way more fun with a large group of friends (it was only me and my stepmom, who is a runner). I didn't think it was that hard, but I do a bootcamp workout group and so I'm used to barefoot running on the beach through deep sand and water, hilly trails, and dragging logs. I did have a few friends do Tough Mudder (which is 12 miles and way hard) and I'm planning on doing that next year.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards