Plus-Sized

I think I found a day coordinator

Not cheap and not expensive.  $520.00 dollars
DOC Wedding Planning Package
Rehearsal and Wedding Day Planning Package (DOC) (starting from$130 - $900)
We handle every detail so that the wedding party and family are relaxed and free to enjoy your biggest moment.
Rehearsal
 Consultations with bride and groom to find out information about their wedding and determine how they wish the wedding to flow
 Preparation of a rehearsal and wedding day itinerary
 Attendance and direction (coordinated with officiant) at the rehearsal (up to two hours)
 Final collection of wedding items at rehearsal to be set up on wedding day, such as candles, photographs, guest books, wedding favors, toasting glasses, serving sets, programs, seating cards, table numbers, etc.
Wedding Day
 Check with vendors to confirm arrangements for the wedding day
 Attend overseeing and directing the ceremony and reception (up to 12 hours)
 Receive deliveries and greet vendor
 Make sure reception and ceremony areas are set up as you have planned
 Assist with handing out wedding flowers pinning on corsages, boutonnieres, etc.
 Provide wedding emergency kit
 Get wedding party in place to walk down the aisle. Making sure flowers are held correctly, timing is perfect, wedding dress trains are straight, etc.
 Help photographer get the pictures you want, making sure family members are available and in place for the photographer
 Make sure reception area is set up as planned, candles lit, DJ on schedule, etc.
 Arrange grand entrance
 Handle any problems that come up with caterer and other vendors
 Confirm things are running on schedule
 Confirm all vendors receive final payments as needed
 Coordinate the collection of gifts received at wedding to be delivered to pre-arranged location
 Collect guest books, cameras, personal items, etc. to be delivered to pre-arranged location
 Make sure transportation is running on time
 Provide a stress free day for the bride and groom
Ask the Expert Planning ($65.00 an hour with two hour minimum)
This is the package for the bride, that doesn't know where to start or has made her own plans, believes she has everything handled, but would like an expert to go over everything with her. The planner will make suggestions on timelines, theme, and vendors. This is perfect for the bride that wants the guidance of a wedding planner without purchasing a package. We will meet and go over any questions you may have.
Additional Wedding Planning Services
The following additional wedding planning can be provided at an extra fee which can add value and make your wedding extra special:

I have never even thought of a coordinator until "the knot"  But to me this sounds amazing and worth not putting the stress on a famiy.  Especially since our family is traveling in.

Re: I think I found a day coordinator

• I was thinking the samething I just wasn't sure.

Others we had called were over a thousand.  One was 1700 dollars.

I think I am going to go with.  It just seems so worth it to have a professional taking care of everything on that day.
  • That is a a phenominal deal. I thought the deal I got was good, but you actually found someone cheaper than mine. Of course it also slightly depends on the area you are in and the pricing there, and the persons amount of experience. But assuming this is a professional that knows what theya re doing it is a fantastic price.
    ?We are formed and molded by our thoughts. Those whose minds are shaped by selfless thoughts give joy when they speak or act. Joy follows them like a shadow that never leaves them.? ~ Buddha
  • I live near Chicago so I think it makes it a great deal.

But now I am not so sure.   I did my tasting last night with my caterering. 

I almost think he was insulted.  I mean this guy really hates coordinators.     Its also not that I think the caterer is bad.  If anything he is so great and so obsessive compulusive about how he works and how is staff works that he couldn't even stand the idea of a coordinator hanging around trying to be a dictator.

I just don't know now.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_i-think-i-found-a-day-coordinator?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:85301e78-cb95-4592-9336-156360bfd9caPost:b3c9bbdf-53f4-4a5c-b1ca-00dd95de5d07">Re: I think I found a day coordinator</a>:
    [QUOTE]I live near Chicago so I think it makes it a great deal. But now I am not so sure.   I did my tasting last night with my caterering.  I almost think he was insulted.  I mean this guy really hates coordinators.     Its also not that I think the caterer is bad.  If anything he is so great and so obsessive compulusive about how he works and how is staff works that he couldn't even stand the idea of a coordinator hanging around trying to be a dictator. I just don't know now.
    Posted by melissanjoe21[/QUOTE]

Your caterer sounds like a jerk, honestly. Coordinators aren't running around being a dictator unless someone (a vendor) is screwing up.   The contact between the coordinator and the caterer should be very limited, if everything is going as planned.

The coordinator will mostly just make sure people are in the right spot. Primarily, YOU and your fiance and family.  And, if you need anything, for example, a tampon, or some water, they can get it for you.  Also, they will usually have some emergency numbers.  Let's say your limo doesn't show up, they may have a listing for emergency car services, etc.

A wedding coordinator isn't looking to be a jerk to your caterer, they just want to make sure your vision comes to life.  If your caterer has had really bad experiences with a lot of coordinators, I'd be more concerned about what HE is doing wrong all the time, instead of the coordinators.
  • I am not worried about my caterer at all.  He has come highly highly recommended and I really have loved what he has done for us so far. 

But he did say some coordinators are worse than others.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards