North Carolina

Wedding registry

Where are you/did you register? What is the one thing you want most of your registry? We are registering at Crate & Barrel, Target, and Macy's. The number one thing I really want is a KitchenAid stand mixer in ice blue!
Photobucket

Re: Wedding registry

• edited December 2011
    BB&B - the majority of our registry stuff

Macy's - until BB&B carries my china pattern (it's fairly new and BB&B only carries the 4 piece place setting, and I want the 5-pps because I want cup and saucer, not mug)

Sears - FI asked for a place to register for tools, and since he worked at Sears when in college, it was a natural choice.  Not a very big registry

I REALLY REALLY want pieces from my fine china as well  as my kitchenaid professional mixer.  The other items are nice but those are my "tops"!! 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_wedding-registry-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:115Discussion:e7926984-e60c-42ec-92c9-de988a5ca17bPost:77c1bc58-1519-4fb0-b185-71a453a650a8">Re: Wedding registry</a>:
    [QUOTE]BB&B - the majority of our registry stuff Macy's - until BB&B carries my china pattern (it's fairly new and BB&B only carries the 4 piece place setting, and I want the 5-pps because I want cup and saucer, not mug) Sears - FI asked for a place to register for tools, and since he worked at Sears when in college, it was a natural choice.  Not a very big registry I REALLY REALLY want pieces from my fine china as well  as my kitchenaid professional mixer.  The other items are nice but those are my "tops"!! 
    Posted by kellya01[/QUOTE]

OMG I really need to register for China..totally forgot!! Thats so nice that you are registering for tools..I didn't even think of that kind of stuff. FI doesn't even know how to hold a hammer so it would be unneccesary for us to register for that stuff but it would be nice if he did.
    Photobucket

• tarheelbabstarheelbabs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    BB&B because it has a wide variety of things at various price points, easy for out of state guests, and those 20% off coupons.
    Belk because our NC guests like it and it carries our everyday stuff.
    Williams Sonoma because of its specialty cookware and also easy for out of state folks.
    Quintessentials is a local Raleigh boutique that is the only place that carries the stainless I wanted and also carries Beatriz Ball--cool serve ware.

And, I felt very excessive with four. BB&B was the one I would've cut out, but it seemed like the one folkswould rather look at, so I decided to keep four. And I love Crate and Barrel, but a lot of their things change from season to season and I wanted to register for items that would be around for awhile.  Just my thought process.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and what I want most is some of that Beatriz Ball serve ware!  I have a Kitchenaid and it's great. You'll love it!
  • edited December 2011
    Oh my gosh...Tarheelbabs! I LOVE Quintessesntials. My mom and I found our way in there before FI and I got engaged and it has the best china! And I love how they have it set out for your guests to see what the place setting you picked out looks like completed!

We're registering at:
    Pottery Barn
    Williams Sonoma
    Belk
    and hopefully Quintessentials!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Kelsey--if you haven't been there lately, it's even nicer now.  They moved over near Luxe and Vivace, so they've got these really high ceilings.  It's beautiful.  And right now, it's really pretty with the Christmas decorations.  The nice thing about going there was that they were very helpful about suggesting things to go with what I was picking out--the kind of service that regrettably no longer exists at our department stores.  That was really nice.  Definitely worth stopping in soon.  Barbara
  • edited December 2011
    We're registered at
    Bed, Bath & Beyond -- most of our stuff, really.  Our local store just got all of the china in store and it was great!
    Target
    Anthropologie -- wishlist setup there for home stuff, as it is one of my fave stores for more unique items to break up the other stuff

We chose the first two because they are accessible to everyone and have things at all the price points, and really they had what we wanted for our home.  I am really hoping for the KitchenAid stand mixer (I am a huge baker and I am going bonkers with my hand mixer.. I have killed multiple inexpensive ones) and our china.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2011 Siggy Challenge: Hair
  • edited December 2011
    BBB, Macy's, and Target.  My Dyson vacuum cleaner.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jennieweaver1jennieweaver1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_wedding-registry-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:e7926984-e60c-42ec-92c9-de988a5ca17bPost:c159e55b-c599-49e8-9d50-dffbbd4d5146">Wedding registry</a>:
    [QUOTE]Where are you/did you register? What is the one thing you want most of your registry? We are registering at Crate & Barrel, Target, and Macy's. The number one thing I really want is a KitchenAid stand mixer in ice blue!
    Posted by jmp0930[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Janece, we are really on the same page here. I have been taking about a kitchenaid mixer for what feels like forever. It is the number ONE thing to go on my registry! I have dreams about this mixer. :)</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 135 Invited
    image 105 are ready to party! image 30 have better things to do image0 need to check their mailboxes!
    RSVP Date: Sept 08
    http://jennieweaver.blogspot.com/
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_wedding-registry-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:115Discussion:e7926984-e60c-42ec-92c9-de988a5ca17bPost:8126b582-8fe1-47df-a852-3efc08306f8a">Re: Wedding registry</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Wedding registry : Janece, we are really on the same page here. I have been taking about a kitchenaid mixer for what feels like forever. It is the number ONE thing to go on my registry! I have dreams about this mixer. :)
    Posted by jennieweaver1[/QUOTE]

Haha! I've been thinking of all the things I wanna make with it! Every time I see a commercial for it, I get so happy! If I don't get anything off my registry but the mixer it will be the best thing ever!! Im glad someone else shares my obsession!! Once we get it we should trade recipes!
    Photobucket

• jennieweaver1jennieweaver1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes we should! I am always in need of some good recipes. Especially ones involving kitchenaid mixers!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 135 Invited
    image 105 are ready to party! image 30 have better things to do image0 need to check their mailboxes!
    RSVP Date: Sept 08
    http://jennieweaver.blogspot.com/
  • edited December 2011
    ahh i am about 5 months out and have barely thought about this!

i've never lived on my own, so we need EVERYTHING! so i am torn, because I see all these great deals on kitchen/house stuff out there (especially at HomeGoods, best store ever!!) that I feel like I should just snatch up! ugh what to do, what to do.

on top of all of that, we are having a small (100 person) wedding.

i am definitely registering for fine china and a lower end crystal line (at least glasses)...not sure on what else yet though!

anyone have a "prioritized" list?
    image122 Made the list!
    image 89 Are ready to party!
    image 11 Will be missing out!
    image 22 Can't find the mailbox!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • katieluke1983katieluke1983 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2011-weddings_wedding-shows?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:643Discussion:647b1ea6-698e-42c2-a517-4cc1373629f7Post:c37028fa-a463-4f46-9b57-4ba292092b71">Re: Wedding Shows</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've watched Say Yes to the Dress, My Fair Wedding ( which makes you hate your own wedding plans )  and Bridezillas.
    Posted by JSweetieXO[/QUOTE]

Haha i know! I want him to come do my wedding!
    BUT i did see one he did where he didnt do ANYTHING the bride wanted or liked, of course she ended up lovign it, but it made ME mad haha!

I love anything TLC..I am a TLC junkie and drives the FI mad!
    imagepregnancy
  • uneek1323uneek1323 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We registered at Macy's and Crate and Barrel. My favorite items are in my sig, but I've also recently added a Kitchenaid mixer that i am very excited about. How can you not be excited about making 9 dozen cookies or 8 pounds of mashed potatoes in one bowl?
    **TTCAL** A little Irish cuteness- Cillian Murphy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since December 2011
    Dx: Hypothyroidism, PCOS, one test away from confirming DOR
    BFP #1 1/16/12 EDD 9/16/12 m/c 1/26/12 }Sweet Pea{
    BFP #2 10/18/12 EDD 6/29/13 cp 10/24/12 }Bug{
    BFP #3 11/22/12 EDD 8/1/13 m/c 12/7/12 }Turkey{
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mah Chart * Mah Literary Blog * Mah Other Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    ~*~Everyone is welcome~*~
This discussion has been closed.