Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

disappointment abounds

I asked Dallas from Total Rewards if he could send me pics if the suite my FI, kids and I will be staying in for two nights and also using for our insuite reception...wow. I feel sad. We're trying to save some money, but if I'm paying $400/ night for a room, I'd like to think that the furniture won't look like it came from Goodwill because the elderly people who bought it 40 years ago were finally done with it! My FI had to remind me that in the long run, our time there isn't about the places but about US getting married, and I know he's right! I just can't help but feel so frustrated :( I don't think there's even really any room for food to be put out. Sure, plenty of floor space, but not much flat space *sigh*
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: disappointment abounds

• Options
    That's too bad...where are you staying?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That's where we're getting married too! I feel you on the retro decor. Which suite did you end up going with? We're not doing an in suite reception so we went with the smaller (and more updated) go mini suite.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Which suite do you have? They just refurbished most of their suites last year or the year before. The Go suites are pretty spiffy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I don't know the name of the suite, he said it was one they reserved as a perk for "high rollers" and is not advertised on their site. I'll try to post pictures. I can see why they wouldn't advertise it! I like the two bedroom idea since we'll have our two girls but gosh sakes! Maybe I'm just being nit picky. I like retro, but Modern Retro, not yard sale retro, lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    These are the pictures that were sent to me ... I don't know how to work with this because I'm just not creative when it comes to decorating  :/

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm surprised they haven't updated all their suites since the GO suites look nice...
  • Options
    We are staying at The Flamingo Mini Go Suite which is much more up to date than the Neapolitan suite.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_disappointment-abounds?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:56312684-2ba2-4d0f-998c-4a3c60dcf06cPost:01d5d211-3844-4feb-ad78-6c1f3c4793d5">Re: disappointment abounds</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are staying at The Flamingo Mini Go Suite which is much more up to date than the Neapolitan suite.
    Posted by eviliciouz[/QUOTE]

I am going to email Dallas tomorrow and more or less demand we get put into a different room. Even horrible decor aside, there simply isn't enough room if we want fo bring in food! The flat surface spacd is a joke and it's almost insulting fhat he thinks the room he sent pics of wojld be acceptable. I told him why we wanted a suite, what kind of person thinks that room is reception worthy?? *getting off high horse now* Anyway...hope he can fix it, otherwise we'll do something else
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would be un happy with that suite too. It is old and tacky looking. I would be looking for something different.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would drop kick someone if they gave me that room for $400/night; that's not acceptable.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards