Iowa-Des Moines

Photographers

Who are your photographers? And what is their pricing? Do you love them? Or hate them?

Re: Photographers

• McsweetsMcsweets member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Moonwell Photography!

www.moonsphoto.com

His packages start at $950 (including engagement session) and go up from there.  We looked at SO MANY (and I mean so many) photographers.  It was one of the most important things to me.  If you have bad cake, you move on .. with a bad photographer, you dont get 2nd chances! 

We LOVED the colors that his pictures brought out.  He also studies in architecture, which shows a lot in his pictures as well.  He gives all copyrights to us, and will edit everything.  I would check him out if he's in your price range! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Well I would hope we didn't hate them if we are using them!  :) 

We used Stalzer's for our engagement photos and were sadly unimpressed for the price.  They take amazing pics, but we just didn't get great shots and they didn't really spend anytime with us or ask us what we wanted.  We were pretty disappointed.  Thankfully we are not using them for our wedding.  We are using someone from NE Iowa.  Our package is $650, including a CD and engagement session we didn't use.  She did my sister's wedding and was wonderful to work with.  Very excited!!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Carisa Keeling Photography out of Ames. She is WONDERFUL! I belive her base price is 1200 including an engagement session. We are very pleased with our engagement photos and I have no doubt she and her second photographer will do a wonderful job on our wedding in September. She has been very easy to work with and will to hear any ideas I have. She also doesn't have pre-made packages, but rather lets you create your own which was something we really appreciated. Good luck with your hunt!
    image 31 Total invites!
    image 21 Are ready for a good time! image 7 Are sorry to miss the fun! image 3 Are making me crazy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Erik Notz from Inspired Images

?imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • ToBeMrs2011ToBeMrs2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Amy Allen Photography.  She's awesome!  Has a studio based in the East Village.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    o I forgot to add a "sample pic" for Moonwell Photography

Here ya go!  You can see how he really brings the colors out :) So many times it gets "softened" and it loses the real life colors.

• edited December 2011
    Amy Allen and Moonwell photography are both booked allready for our wedding date (9/24/11) boooo! THANKS FOR THE SUGGESTIONS:) KEEP 'EM COMMIN IF YOU HAVE ANY MORE!Smile
  • edited December 2011
    I haven't booked her yet, but I'm probably going with Allison Marie Photography. She is mega nice and sweet and still professional and well spoken. Her base price is $3000. I just love her photos on her website; I think they all look great!
    her website is www.allisonmariephotography.com
    edited December 2011
    Other high contenders were:

Nuzum Photo (which we didn't us only because my FI is his cousin and we want them AT the wedding, but they are amazing!)
    Doug Mcbride
    Daniel Carl
    Jenna Carnahan

Top 3 are well established -- Jenna is just starting out, but has good pictures!  I think she is $600?  So it was def affordable ...
  • edited December 2011
    Mandmphotosonline.com

They're just getting started but they're very reasonably priced and their pictures seem very good! We got our engagement pictures done by him already and love them! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We're using Braydn Weber Photography.. so far so good!
    http://www.braydnweberphotography.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards