Iowa-Des Moines

Jobs for people - Help!!

Ok so here's the deal: I am an only child and my FH is 1 of 5.  He has 1 brother (who will be his BM) and 3 sisters.  I have two best friends that have been my best friends forever who will be standing up with me.  We are going to have 3 attendants each.  I already asked another good friend to be my 3rd bridesmaid.

Now, one of his sisters wants to be in the wedding.  She is 23 and his other 2 sisters are 30 and 31.  If we have 1, I know we will have to have all 3 and I don't know where to put them!!!  She wants to be literally "in" the wedding and walk down the aisle.  Her son is our RB and she said she could walk down with him? 

Any ideas for me????
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Jobs for people - Help!!

• medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would say that she could be a reader, or an usher, along with her other sisters. That will be nice for her to do.  You could also have her be a personal attendant, she would be able to help out where needed, i.e. if you need something from the hotel room she would be the one to go get it.
    As far as WP goes, it is your choice. Even though your FSIL wants to be "in" the wedding you get to decide.

This is my rule of thumb if you didn't think of them the first time you thought of your wedding party they do not need to stand up with you. I would say that she can either do one of the above or just enjoy being a guest at your wedding.

I am sorry if that came of Harsh it wasn't intended to be.

Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with Medusia, if you didn't originally want her to be a BM you shouldn't feel like you haveto ask her.  And I think it's kind of rude for her to be "in" the wedding!!   I think it would be odd for her to walk the RB up as well. 

I think a reader or the personal attendant would be good choices.  I have 4 older siblings and FI has 2, we wanted to incorporate them in the wedding but not being "in" the wedding.  (Outside of my sister and his brother) So, the siblings are readers, taking up gifts, and hosting and my future sil is one of my personal attendants. 

Good luck!  It can be a sticking situation because you don't want to make your future sil mad right of the bat, but I don't think you should feel obligated to have her in your wedding just because she wants it! 
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Maybe the 1 sister who really wants to be in the wedding could walk down with her son who is the ring bearer. The other two sisters could be guest book attendants? That could be nice for them since they will know like half the people coming in. i was a guest book person at my brother's wedding and i shared that duty with a friend at another friend's wedding. it's not a terribly great job, but it's something.
  • McsweetsMcsweets member
    edited December 2011
    thanks for all the ideas!!! She said she will be happy either way and it's our day.  I didn't mean to make it seem like she was pushing her way in :)  She just said she would love to be in it if we can find a place for her :)

One idea I thought of was to have her/them walk down before everyone and light the candles at the alter?  How does that sound?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • medusia00medusia00 member
    edited December 2011
    I like the idea of her lighting the candles. She gets to walk down the isle and still be a guest!
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards