New York-Hudson Valley

Doral Arrowwod vs Ritz Carlton White Plains

My fiance and I are looking at venues that are mainly in hotel settings as we are getting married next November, so outside ceremony not possible. We are debating between Ritz Carlton White Plains and Arrowood.  We love rotz, but its pricier then Arrowwod.  I wanted to know if anyone has been to a wedding or has some reviews on Arrowood?  We will have our friends from Manhattan and some family staying there as well.
thanks!

Re: Doral Arrowwod vs Ritz Carlton White Plains

• PaoPao820PaoPao820 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've gone to Doral for Easter Brunch a few years in a row and it's always been great.  They have fantastic views with the expansive golf course... not sure where they would put the ceremony but if you did the reception at the Atrium restaurant you have huge windows that are just gorgeous.  I'd vote for Doral just because of the area around it and the possibility for pictures!
    -Paola- Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I did look at Doral for our wedding, the room for the reception is so beyond huge, I couldn't believe it! I ended up not going with them because I didn't like that the cocktail hour would have been basically in the lobby... but if you're having under 200 people, maybe they could wall off the huge reception area to make for 2 rooms, one for CH and one for reception? I haven't been to the other hotel, so I have no comparison to share :( good luck!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • suzannejvsuzannejv member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies!!  We actually checked out the Hilton Pearl River today and really had a good feel for it- so thats on the table now!  I appeciate all the feedback!
  • JamieD1211JamieD1211 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my reception at the Hilton Pearl River in April!  Can't wait for it.  Love it as soon as we saw it!
    BabyFruit Ticker Bravado Bras at Nurtured Family
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards