Offbeat Weddings

6 months today

I am so excited yet I still have a few BIG checks, like ordering my invites. I have a few ideas on how I want them to look and I know I want them to have a pocket but I can't find what I looking for...my colors are blue, yellow and red...maybe have Snow White and Prince Charming in the back grown. I did that on my STD.

Centerpieces...I want some sort of mirror with diamonds (dwarfs worked in a diamond mine), maybe with candles, not a big flower person but we are carrying Gerber daisies.

I thought I had all the big stuff done and here it is 6 months away and I'm stressed...
DIStickers.com Ticker

Re: 6 months today

• You could incorporate candle lit lanterns as a possible decoration since the dwarfs carried little mining lanterns. Shiny apples could also make good decorations or even favors if you were able to make caramel/candy apples.

You could name each table after a dwarf, although I'm not sure if people will be upset sitting at the Dopey table.

It seems you're going more with the Disney version of the tale, but you could potentially do a nod to the Brothers Grimm if anyone happens to be a fan of German Chocolate or Black Forest cake.

Sorry for the unwanted ideas and hopefully you have a really great wedding day. Don't let it stress you out too much
  • I went through the same thing after hitting the 6 month mark... I feel like I've gotten more done between the 6 month mark and now than I had for a good chunk of time before that!
  • Thanks!

I am always looking for advice. Yes I having a Snow White theme...We got engages as Snow White and Prince Charming at Disney and my house is full of Snow White stuff. But it won't look like a kids party.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • Can I just say that I LOVE the apple/caramel apple idea? You could do a caramel apple bar (already cut up, with caramel, chocolate, nuts, other goodies to sprinkle on top) or serve them as favors.

and six months is a world of time. You'd be amazed what you can get done in six months. You'll be fine and marrying the love of your life before you know it (says someone who thought six months seemed like forever and now is down to 27 days).

Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible. ~Nora Ephron, When Harry Met Sally
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards