Maryland-Baltimore
Options

Budget Wedding on the Water?

So I'm beginning to plan my wedding for late spring/summer next year, and asked my fiance where he wants to get married. Of course, he wants to be married on the water, which would be fine other than the fact that we are on a TIGHT budget. I've found some leads in parks and things, the problem with that being those that won't allow alcohol (and there are many that do not).

Does anyone have any suggestions or reccomendations they would like to make? All help is welcome! :)

Re: Budget Wedding on the Water?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think Kurtz's beach in Pasadena has a lot of options at various price points, you sort of build your own package around your budget. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Londontown Historic Home and Gardens in Edgewater. It is beautiful.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Billingsley House Museum. Very affordable, right on the Patuxent
  • Options
    ohkkristaohkkrista member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Seconding Kurtz Beach and the Eastern Yacht Club.
    27 of 75 Books annnnnnd Wedding Inspiration
    Sept. 2012 - Ceremony Venue!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the siggestions, now I have some reasearching to do! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out the Rusty Scupper on the harbor.  I am getting married there in July.  We are getting married onthe private deck and then having an appetizer reception with an open bar for about $6K.  It seems like a bargain to me compared to other places we looked.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How many people for the Rusty Scupper wedding? That sounds almost too good to be true!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our final tab worked out to $7800 for 75 people (4 kids) including the room fee, but we opted for 4 hours of top shelf open bar and a ton of food served passed appetizer style (we did a late night round too)  All in all, I felt like we got a great value and everyone raved about the food!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards