New York-Upstate

Let's get some good info all in one place!

Ok ladies, I know the Upstate area is a huge one, and it's hard to find people who know about venues and vendors in your area.  How about we start a list of the town where we are getting married and our suggestions for venues in the area?  It might be helpful for girls who come on here searching for a venue.

I'll start:

Some venues that we checked out in a 1 hour radius of Old Forge (where we are getting married):
Northwoods Inn & Resort (Old Forge)
Water's Edge Inn (Old Forge)
Copperfield Inn (North Creek)

If you are looking in the area and want insight into any of these three places, let me know!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Puppy Love

Re: Let's get some good info all in one place!

• pixiedust84pixiedust84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We live in Rochester and are having our reception at Monroe Golf Club in Pittsford. They are fantastic! I would be happy to share my experience with them to anyone who'd like to hear about it!

(I helped Garcias!!)
    Photobucket
  • garcias1garcias1 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks pixie!
    Puppy Love
  • edited December 2011
    I got married in the Albany area, and we got married at the Century House in Latham. We also looked at the Desmond. 

~Jenny~
  • molls332233molls332233 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am from the Clifton Park area in New York, and we chose to have our wedding/reception at the Hall of Springs in Saratoga.... words cant describe how beautiful this place is, and the people that work there are extremely helpful and courteous!

It was the first and last place we looking for a venue!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    148 Invited image 120 Happy face! image 28 Sad face... image
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • aral2003aral2003 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I live in Albany, NY.  We are having our reception at Saratoga National Golf Club in Saratoga Springs.  The venue is gorgeous, the people who work there are amazing, and I have no doubt this is the perfect place for our wedding reception.  About a year before we got engaged, we took a day trip to Saratoga Springs and decided to venture down the logn driveway at Saratoga National.  Once I saw the grounds and the club house, I knew that was where I would have my reception (whenever I got married).  I didnt even consider any other place!

Here are the other vendors I have used/am using:

Photographer - The Classic Image (our engagement session was awesome!)
    DJ - Jeffrey Scott
    Invitations - Cora at PaperDolls in Saratoga (amazing work)
    Hair and Make-Up - Alayne Curtis from Make Me Fabulous (I use Alayne for regular hair maintenance, she is brilliant!)
    Ceremony Music - All Seasons Ensemble
    Calligrapher - Linda Trela
    Flowers - Felthousen's
    Wedding Gown and Bridesmaids' Dresses - Ferri Formals (love them!!!!)
    Tuxes - Choppa and Sons

If I didn't add a comment about any of the vendors above, it is only because I have yet to have them provide their services to me and want to wait. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kheatherkheather member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Northwoods Inn and Copperfield inn ..From their pictures on their website, northwoods looks a little out dated..is it?  The copperfield seems amazing and huge and really upscale..is it? Any opinions?
    edited December 2011
    Heather,  North Woods does look outdated on the website, but the new owners are updating all of the furniture.

The Copperfield in is really nice.  We were just looking for a place near the water, so Copperfield wasn't the right place for us.  Also, the reception room has green decor that we didn't love, so we didn't want to commite to a place where we would have to work around the existing decor.  Other than that, the rooms are really nice, so your guests will be comfortable during their stay.
    Puppy Love
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you..the copperfield looked a little more "glitzy" than what I am looking for. The reviews I have seen for northwoods are a little scetchy... I'm wondering if it was the old or new ownership?
    edited December 2011
    I don't know.  We loved the old owners (friend of a friend).  The new owners seem to have a great plan in place, but they are sometimes hard to get a hold of.  I think it's going to work out fine, but it sometimes adds a level of stress when you don't hear back right away.
    Puppy Love
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I see, please let me know about your experience with them...in the long run.  I would really appriciate it :)

edited December 2011
    I'll definitely post updates.
    Puppy Love
  • edited December 2011
    Garcias can you PM the email address for the owner. I only have the old one for Diane. Thanks!
  • AmyLynnBrideAmyLynnBride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married at the Copperfield in September, and it really is beautiful.  I think it's pretty reasonable too, for what you get.  Much, much less expensive than the options in Lake George or Saratoga. 
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in St. Olaf's Chapel this summer on South Shore Road, Old Forge.  Our wedding reception is at the Thendara Golf Club just a few minutes from Old Forge.  Both spots are great for smaller weddings (we'll have about 70 people).  I can recomment our caterer, Jim Holt who owns the Seventh Lake House - excellent food.  I have yet to book a florist but have a line on Kate from Mountain Greenery in Old Forge, or you could try Pedals and Petals in Inlet.  My baker also isn't booked yet, but there's Natan's Bakery in Old Forge, or Gimme Some Sugar by a woman in Inlet.  I think I"ll be using Over the Moon in Old Forge for hair and make up, she did say for makeup it's best to come  to her salon as of lighting.  I have the name of two different officiants, if anyone is interested, but I don't have their info at my fingertips. I believe they are both Protestant.  I'm up there every season as I do not live too far away.  I hope this helps someone.  BTW, we are really on a budget, so these are some places that so far are within our price range.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards