Michigan-Detroit

my vendor reviews

Hi All,
I thought it would be helpful to suggest some vendors that we used for our wedding. If you have any questions, just message me!

Vendor reviews:

Pure salon and day spa hair and airbrush makeup:  zoe (airbrush makeup) was amazing.  I did a full trial with her beforehand since I’ve never done airbrush makeup.  She wanted to do something more daring than I would have done.  And it looked great.  Just let her do her thing.  She also did my sister and my mom’s makeup.  My mom has rosacea and the makeup made her skin look flawless.  (She couldn’t do anything about the texture, only color, but it still looked great). 

Shannon did my hair and it was beautiful.  Every time I’ve gotten an updo, it always looks like prom hair.  I had no idea what I wanted, and she did a beautiful updo.  The salon was perfect.  I had 7 girls, plus my mom and me.  They had a full staff so we were all done in 2 hours.  Debra is the owner and she was very helpful.  I found it a little pricier than other places, but the service was great, and you get what you pay for.

DJ:  Lew at Beat Crazy.  Lew was awesome.  The dance floor was packed for the entire party.  Plus his rates were very competitive.  Actually, his rates were lower than most.   He was very good and kept the party going.

Ceremony music – onita sanders: harpist.   People kept commenting on how beautiful the harp sounded.  She was very professional, and responsive, and gave us a lot of suggestions.  She’s been in the business for years, so she knows what’s she’s doing.

Tplex: Pat was amazing.  I managed to book my wedding there for one of their last weekends in 2012.  I’ve read that Pat hasn’t been responsive, but I found her to be very responsive, and very helpful.  The board seems to have gotten a little more strict about things, but that’s outside of her control.  The tplex was such a good venue since the majority of our guests were from out of town.  They could see and explore where everything first began.  I should clarify that I’m not a very detail oriented person, and I don’t need everything to be perfect, and the tplex was perfect for us.  I’m pretty laid back, but if you’re very set in your ways, and you need everything to be perfect, than you might get frustrated with pat. (For example Friday night the women’s bathroom had no working sinks, and Pat assured me that it would be fixed by sat.  It was fixed and it was fine, but it might stress people out).  I’ve read that their rates are really high now.  I don’t know if I could afford to do a wedding there with the higher rates.   There is a lot that you have to do yourself, there’s no kitchen, etc.  Their mission statement is that they’re a museum, not a wedding hall.

Flowers:  Lynn Jovick – Clever bumblebee.  I liked lynn right away.  The flowers weren’t a big deal to me, and I asked her to come up with something within my budget.  And she did just that.  The flowers weren’t amazing, but they worked.  Again, if I had a bigger budget for them, I’m sure she would have done something fabulous.  I just needed something reasonable.  (I did my own centerpieces, etc, so I just needed her to do the bouquets).  I liked her because she was able to work with our budget.

Chair Covers: dipping delights – Patty.  At $2 a chair cover how can you go wrong?  They looked perfect.  I literally talked to her twice before the wedding and that was it. 

Garys catering:  I didn’t really eat the night of the wedding, but everyone liked the food.  They were very helpful and responsive while I was booking everything.  Plus their prices were very good.  I used them for their food and their bar/bartender service.  Again, I was more focused on everyone having a really good time, so I didn’t have “high end” food.  I did the linens through them as well.

AAA Limo:  Our driver was great and even showed up early. They had the best rates of all of the places that I called.   We drove around and took pics all over Detroit before the wedding.  The only problem was there was no ipod connection.

Marriott Rencen:  All of our guests stayed at this hotel.  Chablis was so helpful and very responsive.  All of the guests loved the hotel.  There was a complimentary shuttle for the guests when you booked a certain number of rooms.

JS Photography:  Joe was amazing.  I cannot say enough about him and his work. We met with him beforehand, and one piece of advice I got was, “make sure you’re comfortable with  your photographer because that person will be with you for a long time.”  We liked him right away.  He was professional, and patient, and we liked his work that he showed us.  We also called his references.  Our pictures are amazing.  Again, I didn’t have anything that I wanted to have, so I let him do his thing.  He took some really great photos.  We had more girls than guys in the bridal party, and he worked with it perfectly.  The photos were up 4 days afterwards, and we got the rights to our photos.  When we got home for our honeymoon, the cd and the proof album was waiting for us!

Spray Chic airbrush tanning – Farmington hills:  Carissa did a great job.  She explained everything to me, and did the tan exactly the way I wanted it.  Since it was for my wedding, she even highlighted my cheeks a bit.  She was very thorough and the tan looked so natural.  Carissa was very helpful and friendly and made the process very easy and comfortable.

JosA bank – Tuxedos.  Terrible.  We would not recommended them at all. They sent the tuxes to different stores instead of the one we told them to send them to.  The guys finally got the tuxes, but it wasn’t worth the time and effort.

Re: my vendor reviews

• Glad you had a positive experience with the T-Plex. My guests LOVED the venue but I found my issues with Pat to be so negative I wouldn't recommend it personally unless she were removed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards