Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Poll: What do you prefer--Band or DJ?

We're having a tough time deciding between a band or a DJ for our reception. My fiance would definitely prefer a DJ, but I have a particular band in mind that I think would be great, too! What do you guys prefer?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Poll: What do you prefer--Band or DJ?

• edited December 2011
    We had a band and they were the highlight of our reception.  If you find a good band that can play a wide variety of songs, they can really make the reception.  Our band's singers were out on the dance floor getting guests dancing and singing.  So many of our guests came up to us and raved about the band.

I will add that if you are going to get a band, it's important to splurge on a good one.  A good DJ is better than a mediocre band any day.
  • carolsharpcarolsharp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My sister is getting married and I am in charge of the entertainment.  I am def going with a band.  Not sure which one yet.
  • naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would definitley do a band if it was a great band that can play a wide variety of stuff (current, oldies, fast, slow) that are covers.  It's tough to dance to their original music.  And if budget wasn't an issue.

But ditto PPs... I'd rather have a decent DJ than a crappy band.
  • minac1004minac1004 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Can you share the name of the band? Or any bands you recomend?
  • edited December 2011
    We had a DJ. I personally have never been to a wedding with a band. But I agree that whichever one you choose, definitely spend time researching them.
  • carolsharpcarolsharp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will be hiring the Studio C Band for my sisters wedding 
  • edited December 2011
    I personally prefer DJs.
    I like to hear my favorite songs performed by the original artists.
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Being married is a real thriller! =)

• jc04100657jc04100657 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_poll-prefer-band-dj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:29Discussion:6ce05db2-dfcc-44fb-b0de-c7260cfc4145Post:8e127843-c764-47d1-9b83-97f3e9bb98c0">Re: Poll: What do you prefer--Band or DJ?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We had a band and they were the highlight of our reception.  If you find a good band that can play a wide variety of songs, they can really make the reception.  Our band's singers were out on the dance floor getting guests dancing and singing.  So many of our guests came up to us and raved about the band. I will add that if you are going to get a band, it's important to splurge on a good one.  A good DJ is better than a mediocre band any day.
    Posted by SaraAndrew2010[/QUOTE]

I agree! We are going with a dj, but if we had the budget I would prefer a band
    Anniversary

September 2011 Siggy Challenge- Favorite Ceremony Photo
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards