North Carolina-Outer Banks

All done! Vendor reviews

Hi all,

We just landed back home as Mr & Mrs after a great week in the Outer Banks!  Here are my views on the vendors with which I dealt:

Elizabethan Gardens: Well worth the fee.  They were very thorough and we did not see them on the day; everything was set up and waiting for us.  The guests LOVED the setting and it made for perfect pictures!

Renee Landry (florist): I had picked flowers that were not in season nor easily available.  She came up with brilliant alternatives and generously gave me the extra irises she had because I "didn't get anything I'd wanted" and we were able to dress the tables with the flowers which I had not expected to do.  She is awesome to deal with and is very talented.

Marsha Johnson (officiant): a beautiful woman.  SO sweet and kind.  She took charge when everyone was standing to take pictures and got things under control.  Her assistant sent us a wide variety of past ceremonies from which I cobbled together a lovely ceremony.  She is very much into incorporating the magic of the Outer Banks into the words of the preamble.

Great Cakes (also Marsha): O...M... G....  Our cake was perfect.  It was her special recipe Key Lime Bliss and was still fresh and moist three days later when my mom ate the last piece.  HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

High Cotton BBQ: they catered the Welcome Dinner.  Very generous proportions.  We used the Delivery & Set Up option which came to $677 total for 30 people.  We had so many leftovers (which we continued to eat for days) that today we sadly had to toss some when closing up the beach  house.

Good Life Gourmet: they catered and staffed the reception. Steve's food was outstanding and the White Lasagne was a big hit with both the vegetarians and meat eaters.  Steve coached us on how to properly cut the cake for the pictures and feed each other.  He showed my MIL how to store the top layer for next year.  He's very experienced and very knowledgeable.

and finally... the home...

The Woodmere (property #454 Joe Lamb Jr) - outstanding. All but 2 couples from our guest list stayed there.  It is a two-level sprawling 15 bedroom home that's been there since the 40s in various forms.  Also on the property is an honeymoon cottage which my husband and I stayed in.  Our moms and bridesmaids conspired to decorate it with rose petals on our wedding night (which my husband very generously cleaned up a few days later).  The house has been recently renovated, offers wifi, cable and a ton of amenities.  There's a dune-top gazebo leading to the shore.  It is a rustic, more cottage/family setting.  I found it quite affordable and highly recommend it.  Here's a link for the house: 

If anyone has any specific questions about anyone I dealt with, please feel free to ask.

Cheers,
Laura

Re: All done! Vendor reviews

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards