New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Venue

Hola!!!

Just wondering...

Where is a nice place to get married around here, for like a $5K budget?

Thanks! Sealed
December 2011 siggy challenge- Furbabies Photobucket

Re: Venue

• Options
    tally7tally7 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HI - it depends how many people and where you want to have it -- also what you want to include in the 5K
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello! Good point! I should have added more details... I am thinking about 50-60 ppl, a ceremony with an evening of dinner, dancing, and drinks! I just want our closest family and friends to celebrate with one another and have an awesome time!
    December 2011 siggy challenge- Furbabies Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You may have a hard time finding a place with that budget.  You may want to check out some local parks and have your wedding there.  They generally have small rental fees, then you would just have to pay for the caterer, and probably a tent.  Also, try to find a caterer who will let you bring in your own alcohol.

hope this helps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't remember their prices but you could check out Chalet on the Hudson in Cold Spring.  It is a smaller place with far cheaper prices than other venues I was looking at (that much I remember).  Anyways, it might be worth a look. Happy planning.
  • Options
    You should also try Christos http://www.christoscatering.com/

We were very pleased with Christos in Poughkeepsie, and the price was reasonable.  It has a Country Club feel and the food is wonderful. You can negotiate a package that suits your budget and needs.  Chris tells you the price per guest, and that is the price you pay, including cake, table flowers, tax and tip.  Go to Christos!! Tell him Toni told you.. ;o)

Matt & I just had our wedding at Christos 9/23/12. Wow. The place is as immaculate as it is beautiful and elegant. The food was outrageous and bountiful. The filet was scrumptious -- Chris is very personal during the whole night. The grounds are stunning for pictures. The ceremony room needs very little decor since it is surrounded by walls of windows overlooking the lovely golf course. Everyone raved about it the whole night. Bathrooms are very tasteful and clean. The bridal room is spacious and comfortable. Even the cake cart is pretty.  If you are getting married or will be having any kind of event at all... this is the place to have it. So glad I chose Christos... it is truly an anointed place.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards