Retro and Vintage Weddings

Gray/Charcoal bridesmaids dresses?

I love red and originally wanted my BM dresses to be red, but I just think it's too loud for the look I'm wanting. It will clash with the flowers no matter what I choose (because I'm leaning more towards the reds for flowers). Then I thought an apple green would be cute, and I was inspired by this picture: http://amberandjosh.weebly.com/uploads/4/8/5/8/4858855/2185609.jpg?463

I have recently had another idea, though. What do you think gray/charcoal would look like with red shoes and either a small red fascinator or maybe a red string of small pearls or something like that. BTW, I'm wearing red shoes and will have a red bouquet and I was thinking they could have a mainly red bouquet but with touches of other colors in it. I thought this sounded like it would be complimentary, but not sure... and I don't want to do black BM dresses because my whole reception look is light and fresh colors with lots of white.

Just to give you an idea of the look of the reception: white linens, either red or green damask table runners with milk glass vases of various sizes and all different kinds of flowers (red main color, but will be several colors). I was thinking sort of shabby chic... I mean take a look at my bio, there are all kinds of colors and ideas. My main colors were likely to be green and red, though (not in a  Christmas way).
Disclaimer: Please excuse the above comment. I'm probably freaking out because there is less than one month to go. Thank you.
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Our Huge Planning Blog :) * Updated 06/11

July 2011 Bride

Re: Gray/Charcoal bridesmaids dresses?

• I love the red & grey!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I think gray dresses with red accessories would look sharp! I love black and red but sometimes that can a bit severe. I say go for it!
  • this sounds really awesome! and the grey dresses might be able to be worn again since they are nuetral
  • I agree with PP. It sounds like a great idea. I'm seeing good things when I picture it in my head.
    Are you going to do a trial run with it? If so I'd love to see pictures.
    *Katie & David* July 22nd 2011 Our Shindig and Blog Updated Weekly! Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I love the idea of pewter dresses. It was originally going to be one of my colors because I saw these amazing Amsale grey dresses that kind of inspired me (ive since changed to champgane and blush pink)....

I think they look chic and the red shoes will look sharp with them...
    I think they will look grey.. and imo i agree with you, i think red dresses can sometimes be a little loud at weddings-- i guess depending on the style and length and color of red.

as soon as you mentioned the green and damask, i immediately  visualized how the dresses would look next to it. It would make your decor pop! and on top  of it, they can be worn again.
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards