Wisconsin

Looking for CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP Venues in SE Wisconsin

Hi All,
What venues are you all using that are cheap? I am trying my freaking hardest to find something with food less than $17/plate. I am not picky, can be buffet or sit down...  Sugggestions? Much appreciated and thanks in advance. :)

Re: Looking for CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP Venues in SE Wisconsin

• Check out The Quilted Bear in Germantown.  We are having our reception there and I think they are very resonably priced. 
    http://www.foodspot.com/Clients/WI/Germantown/TheQuiltedBear/banquet_website/index.html

If that dosen't work for you, don't be afraid to negotiate with vendors.  My wedding is in the "off" season (November) and I have been able to negotiate some better prices with my vendors because they'd rather have the business at a lower rate than no business at all.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • trying to stay around the Milwaukee area or what area of WIs are you trying to stay around?
  • If you are willing to have a wedding in the off season, The Boerner Botanical Gardens is actually pretty reasonable. 
  • Infusino's in Racine is reasonable.  
  • Panos (Zorba's is the banquet Hall) (Brookfield) or Delafield Brewhouse (Delafield) are both great!
  • We were looking for cheap as well. We were able to come across Rolling Hills Country Club in , which is very pretty. Our wedding is on August 18th and Augie has been very helpful with everything. He is willing to work with your budget in order for you to get what you want. His email is augie@nconnect.net. Keep us posted!
  • Thanks everyone!! I am also looking at the DeKoven Center in Racine. Has anyone heard of them before? It seems really cool, but I keep feeling like there is a catch. We'll see when they respond to my email today, I suppose. :)
  • Kc 524 Hall in Greenfield, I don't know how fancy you want to be.. they aren't quite as showy as some places but they are definitely reasonable with prices!

http://www.kc524center.org/
  • rooney2012rooney2012 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    What time of year is your wedding? South Shore Pavillion in Bay View is inexpensive and has the lake view. You can bring in your own food or choose any caterers. However, it is very much DIY as far as decorating, food, etc.
    We are using the Milwaukee Public Market. $500 for the night and there are no food/drink minimums. I think they quoted about $22 per plate, but they are VERY flexible. We haven't started planning menus yet, but if you gave them your budget, they would work with you.
    I just posted this in another person's question, but it may also help you. My photographer was at both of these venues. Here's how they look:
    SSP: http://craigjohn.com/index.cfm?postID=97
    MPM: http://craigjohn.com/index.cfm?postID=110
    June 2013 Sig

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • We looked into the Dekoven Center. The chapel is GORGEOUS!!!! The hall is a bit on the smaller side, but the history there is unbelievable. I wouldn't say there is a catch. The only big drawback we saw was that on Saturday's they have 3 weddings in the chapel... It is a bit like an assembly line, but it is beautiful! And you can bring in all you own vendors: food, cake, alcohol, so you can cut costs here and there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_looking-for-cheap-cheap-cheap-venues-in-se-wisconsin?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:118Discussion:5275b429-f895-420f-8bb8-1b9b2527a9fdPost:81b6af2b-e62d-4d9d-aed4-b89c7fe47121">Re: Looking for CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP Venues in SE Wisconsin</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks everyone!! I am also looking at the DeKoven Center in Racine. Has anyone heard of them before? It seems really cool, but I keep feeling like there is a catch. We'll see when they respond to my email today, I suppose. :)
    Posted by bullfrogmama[/QUOTE]

I received rate information from them today. Not very cheap... I guess cheap is all in what your budget is.
  • If you are looking for Cheap....you have found the right person to talk to!!!!

I am having both my ceremony and reception at Casa Capri in Kenosha.  My deposit was $100.  Dinners range from $8.95 and up (and you dont have to order from the banquet menu).  If you go to their website (www.casecapri.com) and click on the "about us" you can see the skylight we will be under and the waterfall that will be our background.  The place is very nice and very little decorating has to be done as it is very nicely decorated already.  They are having the ceremony start at 4:00.  They are tearing down the dining room and setting up chairs for the guests....then we move over to the banquet room for the reception after the ceremony.

However, I already have it booked for 10/20/12.

Hope this helps.  Also, when I was looking for places, the VFW in Racine, is about $150 to rent, then you have to bring in food...but can be of your choice....Just a couple of thoughts  :)

Good Luck!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards