Outdoor Weddings
Options

What type of tent to get?

I just realized I was calling around for tent prices without specifiying the "type" of tent I want. What do you guys suggest? I just know I need one that is 30 x 60. TIA!
Pregnancy Ticker image

Re: What type of tent to get?

• Options
    Ideally, you would want a "framed" tent and not a "pull" tent.  The frame tent is just that - framed, while a pull tent will have poles in the center to keep the tent erect.  I had to call around a couple of places and learn the hard way.  Just be sure to ask and be very specific about what it is you're looking for.
  • Options
    The correct terminology is "pole" tent not "pull" tent. How many guests are you looking to seat and will you be using round or rectangular tables? And are you having a dancefloor with a dj or band?
  • Options
    Thanks for that.  It's appreciated.  
  • Options

Sorry if that came accross as crass, it wasn't meant to. I work in the rental/event industry and figured I could contribute over here.

• Options
    I am having round tables, and am looking to seat around 125. Thanks for all the info!
    Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Options
    Yeah I would definitely go with a "frame" tent so there is no pole in the middle.  They are a little more pricey but well worth it since they look better.
    June 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Christmas Movie
    My Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Not sure I agree. I saw a pole tent and it was absolutely gorgeous! It was an extremely tall tent too- I don't like the look of some other tents because I feel they are dingy and have low ceilings. Some pole tents are beautiful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards