Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Name change?

Hey ladies!! What all do I need to get changed? Ssa, DMV, vehicle title, insurance, deed on my home, bank accounts... Utility companies... What am I missing? Advice on how to do it easiest/fastest?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Name change?

• Options
    I'm going through the name change process right now, actually (just did Social Security on Tuesday). 

As soon as you get copies of your marriage certificate, go to Social Security and get that done.  Once that's done you can do most everything else (they even give you a letter that you can take to the MVD instead of waiting for your new card to arrive).  I notified my employer as soon as I was done with Social Security in order to avoid any discrepancies with my paycheck.  Check and make sure, but my employer actually notifies my insurance companies of the name change.

When you talk to your banks, make sure and specifically ask them to send you a new card and order new checks that match the name on your ID.  Then once you get your new cards, make sure you notify any places that automatically debit your accounts (gym memberships, etc) so those fees don't bounce.

Remember any memberships (Costco, gym, AAA, alumni associations), your frequent traveler accounts (airline is especially important if you need to travel anytime soon and you want to receive miles), any magazines or other publications, doctors offices and vet offices, churches...that's all I have on my list. 

Also, I got a gift certificate for a website www.missnowmrs.com that helps you out with all the forms, etc.  It was very useful for me!

Sorry to make this so long, but I hope it helps :) 
  • Options
    Thank you!! It's very helpful!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards