Virginia
Options

Long Island Wedding in NoVa?

Hey Knotters - My fiance and I live in Arlington, but he and his family are Italian and from Long Island. This is new to me, but apparently Italian Long Island weddings involve what I would call "a feast." Cocktail hour isn't just passed hors d'ouevres like it would be here in DC. His family requires a full buffet at cocktail hour (think made-to-order pasta station, shrimp cocktail galore and carving stations). What I would consider the full dinner! Then it's on to a four-course meal with plenty of desserts. His mother is concerned if we don't have all of this she'll be judged. The food doesn't matter that much to me and I'm very happy to do this. However, since it's not the norm in DC it is VERY expensive, whereas in Long Island most wedding venues provide this standard. Any DC/Virginia brides marrying a Long Island man? Any suggestions on affordable caterers that could do this in DC? Any advice is appreciated!!

Re: Long Island Wedding in NoVa?

• Options
    I know the meal you are talking about, I am a Sicilian from Brooklyn NY.  Are you having a sit down dinner?

What part of Long Island are they from (yes this makes a difference).

Typically at a sit down dinner, you are served 3 small hot antipasto pieces, then salad, then a sherbert to cleanse the pallet, then the pasta and main entree.

typically its not a buffet at cocktail hour but more of a 5 to 7 course meal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards