New York-New York City

recs for bmaids dress shopping?

i need to go shopping with my 3 bridemaids this weekend or next weekend. got any suggestions for where to go? Brooklyn or Manhattan are preferred. the shop where i bought my gown doesn't carry bmaids dresses yet. Has anyone been to Here Comes the Bridesmaid? The prices online seem good but I don't know if they are valid in the store. 

I don't want the chicks to spend more than $200 each (plus shipping and alterations), and we are all in our 30s (2 of them have 2 kids) so nothing too short , heheh. I've looked at the Jcrew dresses but they aren't very dressy; same for Ann Taylor.

Re: recs for bmaids dress shopping?

• cknud112cknud112 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My BMs got their dresses from Here Comes the Bridesmaid.  We had a positive experience, although I know others who did not.  It's worth checking out, but you need an appointment I believe.
  • edited December 2011
    There is a new place that recently opened called 57 Grand.  The dresses seemed very affordable- all under $200.  I ended up ordering from jcrew but it was between there and 57 grand.
  • edited December 2011
    Here comes the bridesmaid has great dresses in stock, but I thought their service was lousy.  YOu might go there to try on the dresses you like, then order them online.  (like netbride)
  • edited December 2011
    i got my bridesmaids dresses at The Wedding Library in Manhattan.  they have 10 different designers and they were really sweet and easy to work with! 
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Thanksgiving tickersphoto 307df189-2dc4-4bea-9b76-9ac6ceda8155_zps59ea37ee.jpgphoto c779d75a-0807-4fcc-b206-432ab43bdb6d_zpsf12ebd56.jpg
  • edited December 2011
    I have a bridesmaid dress from HCTB and while the sample was great, the quality of my actual dress was terrible.  You should think about going to Bloomingdales or Lord & Taylor and looking for a dress that everyone likes and looks good in - the quality will be so much better, some of your bmaids may not even need alterations (which seems to be mandatory with "bridesmaid" dresses) and you're likely to get more for your money.  Jenny Yoo and Thread make beautiful dresses but they are over $300.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards