May 2012 Weddings
Options

Anyone Doing a FUN Recessional Song?

Most of our ceremony music is classical--Ava Maria for mothers and bridesmaids and then Cannon D for me. But we wanted to do something FUN to start at the kiss...something to get the party started. Last night we were talking about this and I began thinking back on my childhood (my mother is an 80s music aficionado, lol) and I thought of "The Power of Love" by Huey Lewis and The News.

What do you think? Any other suggestions? We thought about "Signed, Sealed, Delivered" but since part of it's about break ups we nixed it.

...our bouquet toss is going to be "Uptown Girl" and garter toss is going to be "The Danger Zone"...apparently we have an 80s theme going without realizing it. lol.

What's your recessional song?
Anniversary

Re: Anyone Doing a FUN Recessional Song?

• Options
    I think either "Power of Love" or "Signed, Sealed, Delivered" would be fun!

We're doing "All you need is love" it's what I've wanted as our recessional ever since I saw "Love Actually"!
    May '12 Nesties
    March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
    MARRIED!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    We're doing "Here Comes the Sun!" I know it's not too crazy, but I love it :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We're having Faster by Matt Nathanson.  Love him... and it's such a fun song!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We are doing "All My Life" by KC and JoJo. FI loves that song so I figured we could work it in somewhere.
  • Options
    these are all super cute ideas! It's kind of fun picking music for this...makes me feel like I'm working on a film or something? lol -on the hunt for that perfect song! :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We're doing a song called "Octopus I Love You" by Dalmatian Rex. We ran across it at one point and thought it was hilarious, and then actually started saying "Octopus I love you" to each other- We wanted something unexpected for the recessional too, and it totally fits that bill ;)
  • Options
    We are doing "Keep your hands to yourself" by the Georgia Satellites. 
    That's FI's favorite song, and we always dance to that and joke about putting a ring on my finger, and "free milk from this cow" lol. Everyone knows thats always our song to dance to when we're out. It'll be fun. 
    Created by Wedding Favors
  • Options
    Im thinking ray lamontagne's  you are the best thing. Love his voice, and this is the happiest song of his- love the lyrics :)
  • Options
    We're doing Here Comes the Sun as well! :) Nothing crazy but a little different (and my favorite beatles song ever)

Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're doing "signed, sealed delivered" for our ceremony recessional
    and "now that we found love" by heavy d and the boys for our reception entrance in soul train style (like in the ending of the movie Hitch)
    here's a clip for those who don't know...
     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inPnVL41N_c
    imageAnniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We takled about "Marry Me" by Bruno Mars.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I think we are going to go the more traditional route.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    We're using the Vitamin String Quartet cover of The Verve's "Bittersweet Symphony" as our recessional.  FI loves the song and especially the full string cover.  We're using VSQ's covers of "Crash Into Me" and "In Your Eyes" during the ceremony as well, so the recessional is keeping with that theme :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Photobucket
  • Options
    We doing on the way to cape may...since our wedding down the jersey shore!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_anyone-doing-a-fun-recessional-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:e4bba502-6601-4a4c-ba3e-65745836ca24Post:6cc6f3b9-3935-4f1f-a8c0-3a4f591364b6">Re: Anyone Doing a FUN Recessional Song?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're using the Vitamin String Quartet cover of The Verve's "Bittersweet Symphony" as our recessional.  FI loves the song and especially the full string cover.  We're using VSQ's covers of "Crash Into Me" and "In Your Eyes" during the ceremony as well, so the recessional is keeping with that theme :)
    Posted by sarahlenea[/QUOTE]

We're using that as our recessional song, too!  :)

We're using other covers of theirs for the processional..."Hallelujah" (Jeff Buckley) for the moms and girls, and "Chasing Cars" for me.
  • Options
    We are doing Over the Rainbow by IZ...love the song and his version is my absolute favortie! :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_anyone-doing-a-fun-recessional-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:e4bba502-6601-4a4c-ba3e-65745836ca24Post:d5393eb9-c4af-4444-b9ad-83225df5f16a">Re: Anyone Doing a FUN Recessional Song?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think either "Power of Love" or "Signed, Sealed, Delivered" would be fun! <strong>We're doing "All you need is love" it's what I've wanted as our recessional ever since I saw "Love Actually"!</strong>
    Posted by bpphoto785[/QUOTE]

<div>We're thinking of this as well, for the same reason =]</div>
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

We are planning to do "Signed, Sealed, Delivered"...but I REALLY LOVE the idea of "Keep Your Hands To Yourself".  That is the best idea I have heard. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards