Wisconsin
Options

Florist rec

Hi all, I'm looking for florist recommendations in the Milwaukee area. So far I have appointments set up with Impressions by Esther Fleming, Bloom, and Urban Sense. We're looking for a florist with competitive pricing (we're cutting back on decor and flowers in order to have awesome food). Our style is also more modern/funky. Thanks for any help!

Re: Florist rec

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Flowers By Faye and loved her!  Her prices were so much lower than anyone else, and we were still able to use lilies, orchids, roses, etc.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Fantasy Flowers seems like a great company to work with! My officiants wife is the one who owns the business, they're great people to work with.
  • Options
    jberg134jberg134 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Four Sister's Floral in BayView.  I've been happy so far.
    September 2011 Siggy Challange: Honeymoon!
    image 145 Made the cut!
    image 59 Are ready to celebrate! image 23 Are missing out! image 65 Don't know the meaning of RSVP!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jeff Fleur Fun....they are in Waukesha and even delivering to Green Bay they were far less and fun to work with - so excited!
    imageimage

Sept 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Ceremony Photo Anniversary

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    All Dec'd Out- Sally is wonderful. She is detail oriented and attentive to every need. We are able to work within a budget and she can still make everything look amazing! She also helps you "rent" out some of your flowerpieces to keep the prices low. We are renting the vases as well as some of the silk flowers so it will be a lower price and still look wonderful. A mix of silk and real flowers will help with any budget!

I recommend Sally!
  • Options
    HannasMOHHannasMOH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You have a great list alredy!  My friend used Esther and she was amazing but a PAIN to get a hold of.  Laurel at Bloom did my wedding ... she is AMAZING and is a great value too!!
  • Options
    Lyra1020Lyra1020 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the recommendations! I contacted Flowers by Faye and have made an appointment with her, too. I'll also check out some of the other florists listed here. I have my appointment with Esther tonight ... we'll see how it goes!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Sendiks in Greenfield.  My friend used them and they did a nice job.  Very typical pricing but no free throwins.
    I've used Four Sisters for things before and they're a great company (I should have gone with them but I thought I was getting a deal at Sendiks.  Turns out not really.)
    I do not recommend Shorewood Florist.  I met with the guy and he was very rude.
  • Options
    varsity714varsity714 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have fun with Esther! I have heard she is impossible to get a hold of, bubt you have to just trust her - she shows up and does AMAZING work
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I lhad a consult with Laurel at Bloom and absolutely loved her ideas and floral style.  Our quote was very reasonable, for what we were getting.
  • Options
    ecschmidtecschmidt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Go see Jackie Burkart at the Sendick's in Tosa.  Sounds strange to go to a grocery store, but she is AMAZING and worked for the Flower Lady.  She also will give you an amazing price.
  • Options
    Lyra1020Lyra1020 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Update: I've met with all four (Esther, Flowers by Faye, Urban Sense, and Bloom). The lack of a contract with Esther and Flowers by Faye terrifies me ... so they're out of the running. Faye does have amazing prices, but I think she's better suited for more-traditional decor. I really like creative and funky stuff, so I think we're going to go with Urban Sense. They had much better prices than I expected for a floral shop, and do really interesting, modern pieces. (They are a bit more expensive than Esther, but not by much at all.) I really liked that Dan has a degree in architecture, because that's the "look" I kept saying to florists.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards