New Hampshire

Are you doing bridemaids gifts?

If so, what? I'm at a loss at trying to figure out what to get them that isn't cheesy...
~*March 26th, 2011 - The day I marry my best friend*~ Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers image 44 Invitations sent out!
image 70 guests are joining the celebration!
image 11 friends are sad they can't make it
image 20 people are procrastinators!
RSVP Date: 2/28/2011

Re: Are you doing bridemaids gifts?

• edited December 2011
    We did them and I think it's a nice way to say thank you for being part of your day.  I got my ladies handmade necklace and earring sets to wear the day of the wedding, but I tried to pick something that they could wear again.  I also paid a portion of the cost to have their hair done.

Try to think of something they would want or like.  You don't need to get them all the same thing.  GL!
    Anniversary Buying A Home
  • edited December 2011
    Well I'm purchasing my bridesmaid dresses for the girls. Except one of them won't let me so I'll probably get her a gift having to do with wine or something like that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    290image Made the Cut!!
    175image Are Ready to Party!!
    56image Are Party Poopers!!
    59image Still Checking the Calendar!!

• edited December 2011
    I did get my BMs gifts, and I think it's the right thing to do to thank them for being a part of your day.

I got mine:

- Earrings, bracelet, brooch (which they all wore on the wedding day)
    - Wishbone necklaces
    - Purses
    - Picture frames (I intend on giving them all a photo from the wedding day)
    - Lotions etc. (B&BW had a sale)
    - Mirror (had cute sayings on them)
    - Adorable zippered damask box to put it all in (was a hit!)
    Laura
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Just try and put yourself in their shoes and try to think of what they'd really like to receive as a gift.  Someone mentioned to shop for them as if it were their bday/christmas.

I'm getting my girls:
    - Fit in the Clouds shoes (in a color and fabric they'd each like)
    - BM Hangers
    - Jewelry for the wedding day (Etsy.com)
    - Purse or a clutch for the wedding day (Coach outlet store or Etsy.com)
    - PJ's or a robe
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I got mine necklaces and earrings to ear the day of.  I also made each of my ladies a spa basket that I'm going to give them the week before the wedding so they can try to relax and pamper themselves.  I just got some baskets and filled them with things like bath soaps and nail files, etc. 
    Anniversary
  • EDK2010EDK2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We did gifts for everyone in our bridal party. This is what I got my girls (they're in my bio):

- Pearl earrings and matching pearl ribbon necklace
    - Pashmina
    - Bridesmaids tank
    - Bridesmaid's Emergency Kit- a make-up bag filled with nail file, lip gloss, gum, tweezers etc.
    - I also arranged for their accomodations the week of the wedding as they were all from out of town.
    - I took them out for a Bridesmaids luncheon and paid

TTC #1 Since July 2011
    BFP #1 2/28/12- 3/3/12 CP at 4w3d
    BFP #2 4/1/12- 5/7/12 Missed M/C at 8w4d (measuring 6w3d)
    TTC on hold until December
  • edited December 2011
    I got my girls braclets that had a key at the end and said "friendship" (my mom picked them up on a huge sale at Kohls, wish I got one for myself they were beautiful!).  I intended on them wearing them with their BM dress, but again to wear down the road.

I also gave them travel/coffee mugs from Things Remember with their nickname I have for them on it (ie Mama Alice).  While only 1 of them drinks coffee they were a huge hit!  I looked into champange glasses but I had 1 BM under 21 and 2 who don't drink ever (champange flutes might be cheaper and be careful how much you engrave it gets expensive fast!)

Finally I picked up old navy flip flops for them to wear.  I wore sandals for the ceremony and reception so I told them to just wear the flip flops.  Surprisingly 3 of the 5 bought shoes anyway and wore the flip flops during the reception.

One of my BM's made shirts for the BM's and myself for my bachelorette which were a big hit.  We actually wore them to the RD too with skirts and nice shoes because ours was very formal and they could get another use out of them.  That's another idea that I think is always a big hit.  She made them herself by buying the iron on letters and getting cheap shirts.  A lot more work but saves you $$.

All in all look for deals, esp with the holidays coming up.  I waited until old navy had sales of flip flops $1 for example.  I'd say purchase what you can, if you're on a budget they should know that already.  I love the idea of give it as if it was a b-day or x-mas.  I don't think you can go wrong with personalized gifts.  DH works on a fire dept and gave personalized beer mugs with Army nicknames to his GM's.  He said his fire dept. buddies gave him the idea because they still use personalized mugs from weddings they were in.  Just keep it fair for everyone or give bigger gifts in private (ie MOH gift might be bigger because she does more like throw you a shower, give her the gift later when no one else can get offended).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards