June 2012 Weddings
Options

Bridal Shower Games

So my sister is on a spring break trip but we're texting about my shower. RSVP date is coming up and not everyone has responded. There will be a variety of ages there, from my age to my bosses for one job and older co-workers from my other job. We're talking about games and she wants to sit down when she's back to get ideas. So my question is what are some bridal shower games that will be fun for the wide age range? So far this is the only one I've found but I haven't looked very hard just on pinterest lol
And how many games would you suggest?

Re: Bridal Shower Games

• Options
    edited March 2012
    I think there is a trivia one where it asks questions about the bride and groom.

ETA: 

• Options
    My favorite game is the "nearly wed"game-it's like the Newly wed game (g rated). Someone asks your FI questions beforehand and you have to try to Match. If you get an answer wrong you have to put a piece of bubblegum in your mouth. Usually the questions are things like "what would FI say is your favorite part of his body? What did FI say is your worst habit? Who said I love you first?" etc.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_bridal-shower-games?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:6369cc9b-3244-4097-97a0-09289dc5234ePost:0a17825c-b429-4dbe-be3a-6b1c52dc7782">Re: Bridal Shower Games</a>:
    [QUOTE]My favorite game is the "nearly wed"game-it's like the Newly wed game (g rated). Someone asks your FI questions beforehand and you have to try to
    Match. If you get an answer wrong you have to put a piece of bubblegum in your mouth. Usually the questions are things like "what would FI say is your favorite part of his body? What did FI say is your worst habit? Who said I love you first?" etc.
    Posted by daria24[/QUOTE]

We played this game when my MOH got married and it was fun. We also played a game where I put white cooking products into different baggies and people had to guess without opening the bag. It was items like: baking soda, sugar, flour, etc. We had a prize for the person who had the most correct.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Nobody's answered your second question yet, so I will:  I know there's a ton of cool games out there, but I would limit it to 2-3 at absolute most, and make sure to split them up between food/chatting/gifts.  And if you're doing 3, make one of them passive like cards they can fill out while you're opening gifts or something.  As a guest, I enjoy the entertainment of games, but at this age I personally am not a fan of parties that try to keep everyone constantly occupied.  We're not little kids, we can entertain ourselves.
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_bridal-shower-games?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:6369cc9b-3244-4097-97a0-09289dc5234ePost:9a4cdd87-e3d7-4a2f-aa91-0ab3f5c1628a">Re: Bridal Shower Games</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nobody's answered your second question yet, so I will:  I know there's a ton of cool games out there, but I would limit it to 2-3 at absolute most, and make sure to split them up between food/chatting/gifts.  And if you're doing 3, make one of them passive like cards they can fill out while you're opening gifts or something.  As a guest, I enjoy the entertainment of games, but at this age I personally am not a fan of parties that try to keep everyone constantly occupied.  We're not little kids, we can entertain ourselves.
    Posted by DrPB2b13[/QUOTE]
    Yeah I was thinking 2 and start with a game, then cupcakes, then 2nd game, then gifts?
  • Options
    I'm having my shower tomorrow and we're doing 3 (sort of like 2). Two of them are How well do you know the groom? and How well do you know the bride? We just printed cute sheets for everyone to fill in the answers and whoever gets the most right wins a prize. The other game we're doing is a registry bingo. Everyone will get a blank bingo card to fill in with common registry items that they think I will get (think towels, plates, ect.) And as I open gifts, people will mark off the things they put on their bingo card and whoever gets bingo wins.

I am so excited for tomorrow! I have been decorating all day and can't wait to share pictures.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Abbe, I didn't even notice the second question under the picture.  I agree, 2-3 sounds good.  But I've never been to a shower before. Today will be the first, and it's mine! Squee! Zims if you want I can report back about how many games there were/etc. Our age range is 17 to 80's. 

Cassie all I'm getting is short emails from my MOH, no hints! Ugh.
  • Options
    I've requested no games, but that's just me. I think between chatting, eating, and opening presents, we'll be good. =)

But, to help you out, at my MOH's shower I was in charge of games and one of them we did that hasn't been mentioned yet (and is good for all ages) is a "what's in your purse?" game. I came up with a list of random things (some likely to be in a woman's purse, some completely random) and called them out. If you had it in your purse, you put it out on your table. At the end of the game whoever had the most items won a prize.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I just had my shower a week ago and my sister (who has been an AWESOME MOH) had two great games for us.  The theme was A and J are getting "paired" up.  We played pair pictionary (with clues like salt and pepper, milk and cookies, etc) and also the purse scavenger hunt game with items that somehow related to us (something with Chicago on it, a penny with my birth year, etc). It worked really well for us since my family and family friends are all a competitive bunch, so there was a lot of participation.
    I could see a really large group or a group that didn't feel really comfortable with one another not necessarily getting into it, but it was perfect for us.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We will play 2-3 games.  One will be the little how well do you know the bride game and then we'll do registry bingo.  Beyond that, we may do a game I don't know the name of exactly... the purse game?  It's where you do stuff like: The bride's name startes with an M, grab something with that starts with an M and the first person at each table or first overall gets a point.  This goes on for a few rounds.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards