Ohio-Columbus

church wedding in December?

I am recently engaged and want to have our wedding on either December 3 or 10th of this year. I have a place for the reception, but found out when I called my church (King Ave, United Methodist) that they don't do weddings in December.  Does anyone know of any churches that allow for non-members to get married in December.  250 people...  Due to space issues I don't want to do my ceremony at my reception venue unless absolutely necessary.  

Re: church wedding in December?

• edited December 2011
    hmm that's an interesting question. i think it might be best to start with your original church and ask for their suggestions. they would probably know more than we would.
  • edited December 2011
    weddings in december are tricky... because of the holidays =\
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_church-wedding-december?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:112Discussion:fcb9a9b5-7030-44f9-bd9c-aa6ceb861373Post:81e28724-1235-4630-b253-1875958b545d">church wedding in December?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am recently engaged and want to have our wedding on either December 3 or 10th of this year. I have a place for the reception, but found out when I called my church (King Ave, United Methodist) that they don't do weddings in December.  Does anyone know of any churches that allow for non-members to get married in December.  250 people...  Due to space issues I don't want to do my ceremony at my reception venue unless absolutely necessary.  
    Posted by clarkas2[/QUOTE]

I'm just curious - why do you want a December wedding so much? I only ask because if the church would let you have your wedding.... say... the last weekend in November would you do it? I would think that the aspect of having a "church wedding" would mean more to you to have it in your home church, especially since you have one. While I don't regularly attend the church I'm getting married at because I now live in Virginia, I'm getting married in the church that I grew up going to in Columbus and it means a lot to me. Just a thought though!

I don't have any church suggestions for you.... but I would just suggest calling around local methodist churches and asking! I hope you find something that works for you:)
  • a-ingrama-ingram member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are members at Jerome UMC and our santuary is too small and didn't want to get married in a gym...so we are having our ceremony at Powell UMC.  Its a pretty traditional looking church and can hold i think 300-400 or 400-500 I forget.  They are also letting us use our own pastor and music, you just have to use their sound tech, janitor, and wedding planner...but well worth it to get married in a beautiful church!

We know of several others getting married at Methodist Churches that allow non-members to get married there -  Linworth UMC (near sawmill and 161), and Northwest UMC (Riverside Drive).  I'm not sure about the December thing but maybe one of these will work for you.

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards