Favors

Making Centerpiece/Favors

I wanted to throw this out and see if anyone is planning on doing this. My FI and I are thinking about using seedlings as centerpieces (the theme is around trees, roots, etc.) and then having people take them as gifts. Has anyone seen anything used in this manner or set up on a table, and how to indicate to guests to take the seedling? 

Are there other ideas of favors doubling as centerpieces? 

Re: Making Centerpiece/Favors

• MilleRsBestMilleRsBest member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    IMO people wont likely take something they don't see themselves directly using, and they probably don't want to dismantle your CP
    someecards.com - What's the difference between peanut butter and jam?
  • graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have heard of this. If you make an announcement toward the end of the night that people should take them if they like, you may get some takers. However, if people are renters/don't have yards or flew to the wedding, you may have a lot left over. 
    Photobucket
  • sytomsytom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I saw that somewhere online... Martha Weddings, maybe.  I thought it was a really good idea too.  I liked it a lot, but previous posts do make a good point.  Could you do the same thing with a plant that goes inside the house?  Oh, I remember now... I think that what I saw was made with herbs instead of trees.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We let people take home our centerpieces at the end of the night.  They were just hydrangeas, but we had a lot of people take 3 or 4 haha!  You will definitely have some people who won't take any, but you will always have those people who will take as many as they can fit in their purse.

I have also seen some potted plants that are grouped together to make one centerpiece.  

This is a whole gallery of plant/bulb centerpieces from MS.

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards