Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Airbrush vs Traditional Makeup

I am getting married on a Friday night in October. Transportation is picking us up at 2pm because we are going to get photos done before the ceremony and reception in downtown Philadelphia. I heard airbrushed makeup looks amazing but I dont want it to rub off and then I won't be able to touch it up before the ceremony. Has anyone had any experience with airbrush and/or traditional makeup and can compare?

Thank youuu!

Re: Airbrush vs Traditional Makeup

• lls31lls31 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    When I had my trial done with airbrush makeup, my appointment was around 10 am.  Before I washed my face at 9 pm, it still looked perfect.
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • I hated my trial with airbrush. I truly think that it looks good only on people with perfect or near-perfect complexions, so if that's you, you might be really happy with it. Definitely do a trial first.

I had some blemishes from switching BCP and having some breakouts on my chin. The airbrush didn't cover them at all and gave me much less coverage overall than my regular powder foundation from Bare Essentials. I felt like and looked like I had no makeup on. I ended up going with a powder foundation for my wedding that gave me the coverage I needed without feeling heavy.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2012
    My airbrush lasted all night both times I had it done.  It is very long lasting.

The two trials I had with traditional makeup, the makeup didn't last long at all.  Plus, having already had airbrush done once for my E-pics, the traditional makeup felt heavy and unnatural. 

I would suggest having a trial first though to see if you like it--some girls don't.

My daughter had pretty bad acne at the time of my wedding and the airbrush she had done made her skin look flawless.  But sometimes, after hearing so many stories on this board, I have to wonder if I just didn't have a very experienced technician who was better than most.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_airbrush-vs-traditional-makeup?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:40d3b0e1-c9bd-4ba5-8a63-0cbce819d9a6Post:a788ab03-a7a5-4b22-ad7c-e9f0efe2c6e2">Re: Airbrush vs Traditional Makeup</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hated my trial with airbrush.<strong> I truly think that it looks good only on people with perfect or near-perfect complexions,</strong> so if that's you, you might be really happy with it. Definitely do a trial first. I had some blemishes from switching BCP and having some breakouts on my chin. The airbrush didn't cover them at all and gave me much less coverage overall than my regular powder foundation from Bare Essentials. I felt like and looked like I had no makeup on. I ended up going with a powder foundation for my wedding that gave me the coverage I needed without feeling heavy.
    Posted by Summer2011Bride[/QUOTE]
    I disagree. I'd say 90% of the airbrushed brides I've seen have looked flawless, even though I know they aren't. I also started a new BCP 2mo before my wedding, so I was dealing with the increased acne as well. My MUA used primer, liquid foundation AND airbrush. I don't know if that's how they all do it, but it looked pretty damn near perfect. I can see how doing only airbrush alone might be transparent if they don't give you enough layers. She went back & forth quite a few times. It was more like a way to finish & smooth me out. 
  • I had both done and before going, I thought for sure I'd go for airbrush.  In the end, I liked the traditional much better.  It lasted all day like the airbrush, but it just looked more natural.
  • Airbrush that is applied well won't rub off.  Mine stayed on through crying, sweating, resting my face on my hubby's shoulder, and spilling water all over myself.  I actually had to use cold cream to get it off at the end of the night it was so stuck on.

I disagree with the poster who said it only looks good on near-perfect complexions.  I am FAR from that, and I like to think I looked fabulous at my wedding.  What I've noticed in my experience with it is that it really does depend on the skill of the technician applying it.  I had a few blemishes that needed to be covered, so my artist actually took a liquid foundation/concealer to those spots and blended them before doing the airbrush application.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards