Hawaii
Options

Brainstorm some ideas for me:)

As some of you know, I'm getting married at 9 am on a saturday.  I love the idea of having a whole wedding day, but I'm wondering if I should make activities for the whole day.  This is for Kimmy too because I believe she is getting married about the same time.  We're doing a brunch reception after the ceremony and pictures.  Then we're doing a public luau that night.  I wasn't sure if I should plan something in between, or just assume people would want to do their own thing or take a nap?

Thoughts on what to do?  A friend suggested seeing if there is somewhere that does hula lessons.

Re: Brainstorm some ideas for me:)

• Options
    Ready2wed11Ready2wed11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are also getting married at 9am and doing a public luau that night. I think we are going to rent a house and do brunch, cake, and a little reception (dancing, speeches, etc). And hopefully make that last the entire day?!?! I'm not sure how this will go over with my guests, but I like the idea. I'm going to be in my dress all day. Sorry I couldn't help but maybe other ppl will help the two of us. What luau are you going to?
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    kimmykupcakeskimmykupcakes member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've put a lot of thought into this one.  This is where I am at with it, right now. We are having guests arrive at 9am. There will be a ukulele player to entertain guests and the wedding will come out about 9:30. Have our super small greeting line right after the ceremony.  Then while we are having our pictures taken together, our guests will enjoy a tropical mimosa bar at the condo my mom is renting's lanai. The condo is right next to where we are getting married so everyone just has to walk over. Once we are done with our pictures, we will take pictures with our friends and family. Then we have our lunch reception at Mama's Fish House.  We figure that will take a couple hours with getting our food, eating, toasts and cutting the cake. 

We, too are doing a public luau at night.  After the lunch reception and by the time we need to leave to get to the luau on time, there will only be about an hour to an hour and a half of down time.  We are using that time for us to enjoy a bit of alone time together and  freshen up.  We will be letting guests know that they, too should take that time to rest and freshen up.  

The luau is in Lahiana and the wedding and reception will be in Paia so we have to give an hour for driving time.  Since we will be in Lahiana for the luau, we figure us and our friends will want to stay after the luau for some after hours fun.  That part is really based on how we feel that night though. 

Feel free to use any of those ideas.

That reminds me, if you send me your personal email I'll send you all the stuff I've come up with for our honeymoon.  I changed a few things and have more information than what I posted on here. 
  • Options
    cryssvcryssv member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For me personally I'd want to snag a little personal time with my brand new hubby. It'll be nice to be surrounded by family and friends and everything you have planed so far will be great I'm sure, but you might not want to cram everything all into one day and have that moment to sit back, reflect and enjoy a little?

For us being DW bride's we get the luxury of more than one day : ) Maybe you could schedule the lessons another day or something to do with your BM's (assuming you arrive early enough before the wedding).
    451x156 proportions
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    cryssvcryssv member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_brainstorm-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:73Discussion:688459ee-7f06-425e-9bf7-60b86ab2800aPost:a4a800c0-a595-4a72-9cdb-71fb7f359d24">Re: Brainstorm some ideas for me:)</a>:
    [QUOTE]IThat reminds me, if you send me your personal email I'll send you all the stuff I've come up with for our honeymoon.  I changed a few things and have more information than what I posted on here. 
    Posted by kimmykupcakes[/QUOTE]

Is this some sort of itinerary you've come up with for stuff to do while you're there? If you're willing to share I'd also love to see your ideas!!
    451x156 proportions
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    sld0618sld0618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ready2wed - Old Lahiana Luau is where we're going. I would check into having a reception at the place you are renting because you have to have a permit for that or it's major fines.

Kimmy - sld0618@yahoo.com, I'd love it...thanks!!

I think some down time to just chill may be the best idea.  Most of us will be staying in the house we rented, so we'll all probably just chill there.  Maybe toast some more bubbly :)
  • Options
    kimmykupcakeskimmykupcakes member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, yes it is! I have to warn both of you, I am a huge planner and this itenerary has everything in it.  Not only for Maui, but for Hawaii and Oahu, too.  My FI keeps telling me I need to go into business for myself and do this kind of stuff for others for a living.  If you send me your email, cryssv, I'll send it to you, too.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_brainstorm-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:73Discussion:688459ee-7f06-425e-9bf7-60b86ab2800aPost:527252ea-3cc1-4133-aae5-472f66d5eeb1">Re: Brainstorm some ideas for me:)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brainstorm some ideas for me:) : Is this some sort of itinerary you've come up with for stuff to do while you're there? If you're willing to share I'd also love to see your ideas!!
    Posted by cryssv[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    cryssvcryssv member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Kimmy - it's crystalv_@hotmail.com. I'm a crazy organizer/planner too... I'm sure I'll love it LOL
    451x156 proportions
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Me too Kimmy, we are headed to Oahu after our wedding!!  jgardino@yahoo.com
    Thanks!
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    Ready2wed11Ready2wed11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

sld0168: I've heard Hawaii is big sticklers for having permits and such. So, yes I will be sure and look into it. Thanks. We are also going to the Old Lahaina Luau. I've heard it's the best and the menu sounds amazing!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    cryssvcryssv member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's perfect Kimmy.... Thanks!!
    451x156 proportions
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ooh .. Kimmy can you send me your itinerary as well?  We are honeymooning on Maui but I would love to see some of your ideas!!

wrangler_robin@yahoo.ca 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hula lessons ... hmmmm. I dance hula, and while hula lessons might be a cultural experience, I don't think it will be all that fun, because the basic moves are kind of boring to learn.  If someone will teach a non-technical fun/touristy hula then that might be better; I don't know of any halaus or kumus that would do that, though.  Maybe somewhere in Waikiki? That would probably be your best bet.

What about renting paddleboards and kayaks for the day and having a picnic? That might be really fun for your guests and a great hawaii experience.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards