Destination Weddings Discussions

A note to add to my WOULD/WOULDN'T DO

Just wanted to say that we did not hire a videographer due to thinking it cost too much and that it wouldn't be worth it.  I probably wouldn't have known the difference BUT a friend of ours did take lots of video of all the key moments of the night and I am SO grateful that he did!!  If you can't swing a videographer, have someone shoot video for you.  Even if it's from an iphone (like ours).  Seeing those moments from the outside is worth a lot!  More than I ever thought, pictures are great, but the videos...there are no words.  I HAVE to get him something as a thank you, maybe he knows how much the video means to me, maybe he doesn't, but he just made my night when he sent me the link!

So WOULD get a videographer or have a friend do it! He got me walking in, the ceremony, first dances, the fun throughout the night, my sister caught one moment that our friend didn't, which I had almost forgotten! (me dancing a bollywood song with the best man, who is bengali!) and the after after party at the piano bar!  I LOVE reliving those moments through video!!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: A note to add to my WOULD/WOULDN'T DO

• Thanks for the input. We were thinking of forgoing a videographer, which is crazy considering my fi is a videographer and editor.

I have this on going joke with him that he can just film it for us and I'll use a cardboard cut out of him during the ceremony. 

But now we are thinking of going through this company called WEDIT. For $499 the send you 5 handheld cameras that yours guests can use through the night. You send back the cameras with the footage and they edit it. But since FI does it for a living we are hoping he can edit it himself and get a discount on the package. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for sharing this!  I'm so glad someone was able to capture those moments for you :) FI would like to do this, but I keep thinking it's not worth the cost... maybe we'll ask our friend to use her camera (if she's willing to bring it!).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for sharing! I didn't think it'd be worth it either, but since my mom is a photographer, who is dabbling in learning video too, she's going to film stuff for us. I'm getting so excited I  can barely stand it! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Julyet06Julyet06 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited March 2013

you're welcome!!

you guys will be fine, like I said, the videos I have come from someone's iphone and I still cherish them and will cherish them forever!  I also like that they came from someone close to us who somehow knew the exact moments to capture!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards