Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Bachlorette Party Guest List

My sister is throwing me a bachlorette party and I'm a little confussed on who to invite. My MOH is throwing a shower for me in Feb because that is the only time she will be in town before the wedding in April. My sister is throwing the bachlorette party three days before the wedding so more people will be in town for the wedding. Should these people be invited for the bachlorette party since they didn't get to go to the shower? I also don't want to make it too expensive. I don't know anything about where the party will be but I have been assured I will not be embarressed and that my mom and aunts will be there.
I just want to make sure I can invite my husband's family or if I should try to keep it small.

Re: Bachlorette Party Guest List

• Options
    jerseydeviljerseydevil member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Usually the bachlorette party is small - just you and your absolute closest friends. No need to make it huge.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's perfectly okay to invite people to the bach party who weren't invited to the shower.  Just make sure that all the invitees are wedding guests, though that doesn't appear to be a question.

If I were you, I'd ask your sister how large a party her budget allows for and go from there.  You don't want to give her a list of twenty people while she's expecting five or ten.

If there are women in your FH's family you're close to, you can invite them.  My FSIL is planning my shower and bach party, and I'm leaving it to her discretion which of FH's cousins to invite.

Edit:  In the limited experience I've had with bach parties, best to keep them on the smaller side.  But it also depends on what you're doing.  A lot of girls are hard to keep track of bar-hopping, but if you're talking more in terms of a slumber party type of thing, you could probably get away with a larger group.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Alot of times to offset cost the host will pay for half or so of the expenses and the invitee's will chip in for limo and such. Maybe that would help?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards