Maryland

Golden Sands OC MD

Hi everyone:

Has everyone ever had their wedding, or been to a wedding, at the Golden Sands in OC MD?  How was the food?  Did you like the facility?  Would you recommend this venue?

I'm from NJ and I don't know anyone else who has gotten married in OC MD.

Thank you so much for your opinions!

Re: Golden Sands OC MD

• edited December 2011
    Hey! I am new here and just saw your message.  I have been to a wedding at the Golden Sands and I am actually considering it for our wedding.  Everything was beautiful.  They blocked off the walk ways so people could not just walk into the wedding.  You actually get married on their property not the local beach which makes it a little more private.  Then you go straight to the 22nd floor with a BEAUTIFUL view for dinner.  Dinner was pretty good we had a buffet style dinner with several options.

The wedding I attended held 150 people but I think it was the max. It was a little tight getting around and the bar was a bit off to the side.  The wedding we attended had a cash bar but I barely noticed the bar at all.

I highly recommend Classic Cakes in Salisbury for your cake.   Good luck!

• dinktarrdinktarr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I live locally here. I have to say Golden Sands has a lot of weddings there. They are pretty. But if you want a more private wedding place you can always go to Ocean Pines Yacht club and have it on there dock. I am actually getting Married in Salisbury which is 20 mins away from Ocean City.  

• edited December 2011
    Where are you getting married in Salisbury? That is where my fiance is actually from.
  • edited December 2011

This is my first post and I'm hoping someone can help me out! I grew up on the shore and am planning an OC wedding for next year. Golden Sands is on my list but it has been next to IMPOSSIBLE to get in contact with anyone there to get information. Has anyone else had luck reaching someone there? Thanks in advance for any info you might have!

• edited December 2011
    Yes, I have been able to reach the lady in charge of the weddings.  If you still need her contact info let me know and I'll get it to you.  I was going to have mine there, but they were already booked for September 2010 and we did not want to move into October.  They came HIGHLY recommended by my hairstylist who had her wedding there! 
    Cool
  • edited December 2011
    Hello all!

I am getting married there in September 2011 and SSSOOOO cannot wait!  The view from the 22nd floor ballroom is phenomenal.  I think the private beach where our ceremony will be held is just perfect.  Our contact there, Eileen, is great.  She is responsive and very very friendly.  I am really looking forward to working with her now that our planning is in full swing.  There are also units in the building you can rent the week or few days around your wedding so that is a great help having your accommodations in the same building.  

I hope this helps!  Congratulations to all the brides to be out there!!  :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards