Texas-Austin

Please help! Norman Garrett (Thanks for the Memories) Photography

Hi All,
We met Norman Garrett (Thanks for the Memories) at the Wedding Extravanagnza this weekend. We got good vibes from him, and are seriously thinking about signing up with him for our May 29th weddign reception. However i would like to hear any good/bad reviews from y'all before we decide. It seems we have to make a decision asap! Thnaks in advance!!!

Re: Please help! Norman Garrett (Thanks for the Memories) Photography

• edited December 2011
    Did you ever sign up with him? We did and now can't get him to return calls or emails. Starting to panic!!!
  • edited December 2011
    how did this turn out? i am about to sign with him but want to check on any bad reviews....?
  • edited December 2011
    I would go with another. I highly recommend our 2nd photog. She was a dream! 512/557-4377. Tiffany.
  • edited December 2011
    I would 100% recommend you hire someone else.  I hired him for our wedding that was in March 2011 and we are having major issues.  I am waiting until after I take him to court to review him.  You can private message me if you have any questions.
  • edited December 2011
    YGPM Angela
  • edited December 2011
    email me if you have any questions: angela255@gmail.com
  • edited December 2011
    I filed a complaint with the BBB.  My husband and I have been married for two years and he never provided our wedding album.
  • edited December 2011
    Definitely go with someone else. We are in the middle of working out issues with him. Even if it all works out in the end, it's definitely not worth all of the stress and disapointment.
  • edited December 2011
    My daughter got married 7/2009 and she still does not have even 1 of the 3 albums we ordered; we paid $5,645.  He won't return calls or emails.
  • edited December 2011
    If you are having trouble finding him, he moved to Chicago and is trying to start his business there.
  • edited December 2011

Me and my husband are in the same boat as all of you. We got married last October, 2010 and used Norman Garret and he will not return any emails or calls and we are still waiting for our 3 albums. Up until I saw this message board, I just thought it was us that was going through this and now seeing that some of you have been married for 2 years and still nothings, worries me so much that we paid all that money and will never get our albums. Is any of you having luck getting a hold him now or how have you been dealing with this to get your stuff?

• edited December 2011
    His new address is 77 S. Evergreen Street, Arlington Heights, Il 60005 outside of Chicago.  He does not answer any of my emails or phone calls.  I do not know if he is using the same company name in Chicago.  He just recently married a photographer in Chicago, so he may be using her company name.  If anyone knows her company name, please let me know. 
    Good luck and God bless you!
  • ScooterRachScooterRach member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do not do it. I wouldn't recommend him to anyone, ever. His BBB score and Angie's List score are both F's and I had a terrible experience with him for our engagement and wedding pictures.

Please, take my advice!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    He is back in business in Chicago. Link below is for the bridal expo. It gives his address etc. Unbelievable!!! http://www.bridalshowexpo.com/dates_and_locations.html
  • edited December 2011
    I also say DO NOT USE NORMAN GARRETT! My husband and I got married in  May of this year and used Norman as he was a preferred vendor at the place we got married at and I didn't see any negative reviews at the time.  Boy was that a mistake.  I am in the process of sending a certified letter to him, using the address listed above, and stating that I have a lawyer on retainer and want my money back for the ablum he has yet to give us.

I suggest that those of you who have yet to receive what you have paid for do the same.  I am also going to try and contact the wedding expo in the Chicago area and let them know what his history here in Austin is.

He can not get away with what he is doing.  I urge you to take action and not let another unsuspecting bride get taken advantage of.
  • edited December 2011
    I just emailed the Chicago Expo to ask them to protect their brides from Norman.  I sent my email to: bill@bridalexpochicago.com;paula@bridalexpochicago.com;lisa@bridalexpochicago.com;jim@bridalexpochicago.com
    I also sent it to  info@BridalExpoChicago.com

I urge others to email the above, and to also file with the Chicago BBB.

You can try sending a certified letter to Norman, but I tried that in Austin, and he never signed for it and it came back to me.  Good luck and God bless you.
  • edited December 2011
    I used Norman Garrett and was delighted with whole experience. I did not experience any negatives. The bridal portrait and wedding photos were gorgeous. Working with him was so much fun; and he was a true professional. He captured moments that I honestly have not seen in other wedding photos; one of many reasons I hired him. I would recommend him to anyone in a heartbeat.
  • edited December 2011
    Dear Ibabb,
    The Knot shows that you were married today, 9/8/11; the problem with Norman does not come until you fail to receive an album.  I hope I am wrong, but I bet you will never see your album.
  • edited December 2011
    We have also contacted the BBB in Texas and Chicago as well as wedding brilal fairs in both cities. Doing our part to protect others from service that was paid in full and not delivered.

I will say that the engagement shoot, photos turned out beautifiully.
    Wedding... not at all. We have never received photos taken by him after the staged photos immediately following the ceremony. NOT ONE PHOTO TAKEN BY HIM! No reception, cake cutting, first dance, daddy daughter dance, toast, dinner, bride and groom under sparklers... shall I go on?  

Just want what we paid for.
  • edited December 2011

lbabbwittman-  I too find it strange that the day you joined you commented on both posts on the Austin/Chicago boards about Norman but not on any other posts on theknot.com and have not posted since then.

I put my complaint in to the BBB today for both areas.  I will do whatever it takes to make sure no other brides have to deal with Norman Garrett.  He is the most unprofessional person I have ever had to deal with.  Don't bother having your lawyer send him a letter because he will open it, read it, then mail it right back to them.  Just go straight to the court house because he has no remorse for ruining once in a lifetime pictures, following through with contracts, or the tears that you have cried over his inadequacy as a professional photography running a business.

I am glad everyone is coming out so future brides don't have to go through what we all have.

• I posted on this blog almost a year ago, and decided to look at it again today to see if anyone had been able to resolve anything with Norman, either by finally getting the stuff (albums) that they have paid for or have been successful in taking him to court and it sucks to see that none of us have. My husband and I too have been trying to get our 3 wedding albums from Norman since our wedding on 10/23/10 and he lead me on for about a year through emails, saying that he was working on them and I would keep checking in, until he stopped responding to my emails all together. I finally gave up and put it in my husband's hands and hopefully soon we will be in the process of trying to sue him. Has anyone else tried taking him to court to get their money back? Just want to see if it is worth our time to take him to court and see if we can get at least some of the money back. Thanks!
  • I too was harmed by Norman Garrett. My wedding was on October 22, 2011. I have received my prints....the wrong prints....TWICE.....and now I am waiting on my album that I am sure will never come. I have e-mailed all the people list with the Bridal Extravaganza in Chicago and I plan on filing a complaint with the Chicago and Austin BBB. As well as the Chicago and Austin Attorney General's Office. I suggest everyone does that. NO ONE should hire Norman Garrett for anything. You are only going to be signing up for low quality photos, disapointment, and heartache. I urge all of you to choose any other photographer!!!! Norman is a horrible man who feeds on peoples most important days.
  • Anyone know Norman's current whereabouts? Still dealing with this nonsense from 2011.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards